"Throw the 'opala (rubbish) from the garden of your heart and let only the golden blossoms of aloha grow there. Live aloha." -- Queen Lili'uokalani
- Respect your elders and children.
- Leave places better than you find them.
- Hold the door. Hold the elevator.
- Plant something.
- Drive with courtesy. Let others in.
- Attend an event of another culture.
- Return your shopping cart.
- Get out and enjoy Nature.
- Pick up litter.
- Share with your neighbors.
- Create smiles.
- Make a list of your own in the comments section.
You don't need to live on Hawaii or have made a visit to live with Aloha in your life. Queen Lili'uokalani was the last monarch; it was taken away from her. She could have remained bitter and angry. Instead, like a true Queen that she is, she made the choice to live with love in her heart and share this message with the world.
It is as easy as that. Make a decision like she did. That's all it takes.
Mahalo and aloha,
Note-- much material is from the bood 'Island Life 101, a newcomer's guide to Hawaii' by Jill Engledow