Have you gotten your iodine today?
I just found this link:
And backed it up with this link, just in case, because I am a physician:
What does Reiki Doc have to say about Iodine?
- this makes a lot of sense--thyroid cancer reduction, to counteract radiation exposure, to clean wounds--daily iodine intake might be a good thing.
- I stopped using iodized salt about ten years ago. And now I have a nodule on my thyroid Might I be low?
- A certain green drink as well as a salad that is rich in 'sea vegetables' makes me throw up about two hours after ingestion. This is one sign of iodine toxicity. Others are burning of the lips, mouth and throat, fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, weak pulse, coma. (sea vegetables can have over 4,000 mcg of iodine)
- Aim for about 150 micrograms of iodine each day. The most common form is two-percent supplement. Food rich in iodine are listed in link two, above.
- The first article says iodine is equivalent to the healing energy of The Violet Flame. Why not try it?
- Be cautious if you have i.v. contrast allergy, since many contrasts are rich in iodine.
- The article says iodine supplement may increase libido.
- Using natural foods and supplement dose recommended, likelihood of overdose is low.
- Use caution if taking amiodarone (rich in iodine to begin with) and lithium.
- consult a physician or renal pharmacist before taking if you have decreased kidney function or are on hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis.