Something isn't right. And you want help.
Your friend recommends colon hydrotherapy. What do you do? Will you try it?
Well, I have a friend who does 'high colonics' or 'alternative medicine enemas'. She says she has had results personally, and before she had them, she had one bowel movement a day and 'didn't know she was backed up'. (The appearance of stool actually lets you know if you are having 'normal' bowel movements--here is a link if you would like to know--http://reikidoc.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-bristol-stool-chart-reiki-story.html)
Although she didn't like her first one, she kept coming back for the treatments. Her endometriosis cured completely. Her acne improved. She even had a message that her 'makes her throat swell up' cashew allergy 'was removed' and was now able to eat LOTS of those nuts.
So she became a therapist. Many of her clients respond well to the treatment.
The theory is that the bowel gets 'toxins' from the undigested food that gets 'stuck' in there, and that cleansing is necessary to increase energy and overall health.
Then she offered one to me. This was a telling moment because here I am Reiki Doc, and also a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist. Which way would I go?
I had fear.
I'd seen bowel perforations in the operating room. Instant colostomy bag, and perhaps six months later the patient can get 'reconnected' with another surgery. The long and short of it is that two pieces of bowel that are sewn together won't heal if there is any fecal material present--it has to be diverted away for the 'seams' to 'mend'; a perforated bowel is not sterile.
My intuition said, 'Don't let anyone touch you--you are in balance and everything is okay'. And after reading Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_colonic), I realized there are some irritants to the colon--and although by her success rates everything is 'safe'--I didn't think the benefit would be worth the 'risks' involved.
Instead, she listened to my concerns, and since it was heart to heart--basically--there is so much more to know to keep your clients safe and know you are doing the very best you possibly can for them--she wanted to learn.
this is EGD--through the mouth--there are no colonoscopy photos! LOL
So I asked my gastroenterology friend in the doctor's dining room where my friend should go to 'learn more'.
The response was fascinating! He said, 'Our patients, for studies, get the bowel prep. We irrigate too while we are doing the endoscopy. That bowel is Squeaky Clean when we are done. How come no one is having wonderful experiences and miraculous healing after our work?'
Here IS the miracle the gastroenterologist does--takes out the pre-cancerous growths
And this is why the whole 'miracle healing' is not happening--the 'chemistry' is not 'the healing vibe'!
What Reiki Doc Has To Say:
- Gastroenterology--logical mind first, then heart--heals the body, but not so much the underlying 'Dis-Ease'. Keeps the body in 'imbalance' energetically, but alive.
- 'Enemas' in Alternative Care--go after the 'Dis-Ease', and treat the total patient. This also treats the patient with more than one exam every year or five years. There is emotional 'connection' with the healer who believes what they are doing 'works'. The idea of toxins just might be right, particularly if the client eats a lot of meat and GMO's.
- I don't see why a busy GI Lab couldn't have a treatment room dedicated to 'spa like' therapy for the chronically constipated. Many people have 'motility' or 'functional' bowel ailments that can't be seen on biopsy. For example, studies point to irritable bowel patients as having delicate bowel that becomes painful when distended, although normal bowel easily stretches a lot.
- I also don't see why we can't introduce basic medical concepts to the Alternative Medicine practitioners. Here are some examples: http://reikidoc.blogspot.com/2012/09/hey-healer-cooties-and-you.html
- I think BOTH would benefit from the work of Louise Hay and Mona Lisa Shulz MD in their book 'All is Well'--the chakra is the third one--yellow--the one for the ability to have free will and act and DO! An affirmation for constipation is: As I release the past, the new and fresh and vital enter. I allow life to flow through me.
- Daily Self-Reiki practice would also help balance the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual 'Dis-Ease' behind the abdominal discomfort too.
Everything working together, in my opinion, is going to work a lot faster than any one approach.
Aloha and Mahalos,