Sunday, October 20, 2013

Risu--(pronounced Ree'-su)



This is a hard one for me to write. It is deeply personal, and coming from my heart. I do not fully understand what I am saying, and yet Spirit 'nudges' me quite strongly to write.

Sometimes when I need a little 'comfort', I make a dish that my Nanna Angelina used to make for me. It is an Italian dish, and Nanna made it for me every single day for lunch while I was under her care. It is a 'risotto' but I couldn't say that word, and Nanna called it 'Risu'. Even when I would come home from college and she'd offer to make me anything I'd like, I wanted Risu.

Basically, you take Uncle Ben's Rice, and cook it with half water-half milk. And towards the end, I add a little half and half, and one slice of american cheese. It takes a lot of stirring to make it right. Nanna always added salt and pepper, but since we put romano pecorino on it when it is served, I do myself a favor and skip the salt. You want the rice a little 'al dente' to make it right. Not too soft, or it's not as pleasant. This time, I made it with half soaked arborio rice (I'd soaked it overnight, hoping it would turn perfect for RAW dishes--but it didn't. It was too crunchy.) and half of the Uncle Ben's.

It was delicious.

A couple nights ago I remembered something from a long time ago. It happened around the year 2000, give or take a year. I was on one of my rotations at Cedars. I was married, and my husband took me out to Italian food at a little restaurant near the hospital. It was Orso. We had been to the one in New York and had loved it, and we anxious to give it a try.

I have to be honest with you. Most of the time, Italian dining out doesn't do anything for me. It's not 'right' and always very expensive. And the servers never give you enough cheese! I always have to say, 'more, more, more' for my pasta. (I would rather just eat Italian at home.)

Now it might have been someplace else, where this happened, but I remembered the 'energy-feeling' of that place, and it felt like Risu, very warm and comforting, while I was there.

What I remember is that all of a sudden, out of the blue, I fell for a server or a cook or somebody at that restaurant.

I was married, but when this person came to the table, there was a connection. I felt them recognize me, and without my understanding why, I wanted to be with them forever. I was like, How did I end up here and so unhappy and how can I fix this? I just want to get up and go be with this guy!

But this person was very reserved. And I had no idea what to do with these emotions, because I was married and not happy, and have honestly in all my life never felt that way before about anybody, not even my husbands. (I have been married twice, once to college sweetheart, and second to an ER RN who looked very Italian but was a tall Mexican with blue eyes and dark curly hair.)

Overwhelmed,  I did nothing. Here we are in 2013.

Why did I remember this after all this time?

Who was it, that I met?

Why would Spirit have me meet someone and have such deep connection, and let it go to waste?

I don't know.

All I know is that there are some things only those raised in an Italian home would ever know. And I shared about how I knew by the food that someone I know makes, they had to have someone close, like my grandmother, show them how to get the flavors right. You can't fake it, Italian. It's in your soul.

Even if you are Japanese.

Even if you own a restaurant that is Italian.

When I go out to an Italian restaurant and really like it, I know it is 'the real thing'. Both with my stomach. And with my heart. And I really liked Orso.

This is so fuzzy, I can barely remember it. But it was the first time my Consciousness 'woke up' for just a short time, and connected with my heart. It went back to sleep for a long time ever since. If it wasn't for the Planetary Awakening and all of the New Energies, it never would have awakened at all. Or remembered this meeting that was so much more different than all the rest.

I share because my heart wants you to remember every interaction that might have been unusual in a 3D way for you. Stop, and reflect on it with your 5D Heart. Go ahead, and ask the Universe 'why it happened?'

I am.

Right here. Right now.

There are no accidents. Everything is for the Higher Good of All, in the Big Picture. It might not make sense to us at the time, but with patience, and a lot of understanding, one day everything will.

The next phase of the Ascension process is recovering from the amnesia--both with our Star families and our Soul Mates and our Soul Pods and our Twin Souls...


Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,

Reiki Doc