Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"Long Island Medium--West"


The other day an RN First Assist was scrubbed in on a case. As they were prepping and draping, there was a moment that it was just the two of us near the patient, me at the head where I always am, and her in her place at the patient's right side.

She asked me the strangest thing. She said, 'I know you are spiritual. If there are any spirits near me today, let me know and tell me their messages. I can feel them but I can't talk. I know they are there.'

Okay, I thought.

But I tuned in, and did indeed 'find something'. I almost forgot to tell her. But at the end of the day, I sat in the car and wrote a note on lined notebook paper for her.

There was a man, between her height and the height of the surgeon, older, who was intently interested in watching the surgery. He stood over her right shoulder. He talked like her. Had very similar speech patterns, which are distinctive like a New Yorker would be distinctive from everybody else.

He was very proud of her.

I also saw a row of older people that looked in old clothes (kind of like Amish) that 'felt German'. They were her ancestors,  and her hard work and her helping others did them great honor. They wanted her to know.

I walked back in to the nurses' lounge, had her get called in to that room to meet me from her O.R. and handed her the note.

Case finished! I thought.

I was wrong!

Someone also very intuitive online (Facebook) saw there was an older woman near her who enjoyed violets. (It turned out to be her mother-in-law).

The RN's husband got very 'emotional' over this 'message'. He is still all choked up to hear from his father. He 'knew' it was him because the father liked his son's wife very much, like his own kid. And they were both very talkative, the RN and the father-in-law.

For him, it was his miracle!

Their daughter calls me, 'where-we-live medium'--like the TV show in the title.

The RN wants to know if 'I do this more?'.

I don't. I said gently that if I 'get' any more messages, 'they' know where to find me, and I will write them down and send them to her. (This is what I always do). I said, 'but if you want we can always hang out.'

Then she offered the kindest thing for a single mom--help in picking up my kid--any time. She thought I lived near the hospital. I don't. But I was amazed at her kindness and sincerity in her offer.

Mediumship is a special kind of work that helps support the community.

I have a little difficulty understanding how important a few words 'here and there' are to someone when they happen to me every day, all the time, 24/7 if need be. 

I don't mind at all helping.

But it is the REACTION that surprises me most.! It makes me sad the others don't get to 'talk' to their loved ones except through me.

It is my hope that with Ascension, everyone will be able to 'be their own medium' and 'connect' to their Angels, Guides, and Deceased Loved Ones.

We are never alone.  

Even when we are 'single'. That is a joke. Probably not the funniest one, but at least it is an attempt to make this serious subject 'light'.

Aloha and Mahalo and Namaste,

Reiki Doc

P.S. Reiki, because learning it 'opens up' to Higher Energies, has been known to 'jump start' the psychic development process. If you are interested in any of the psychic arts, including mediumship, then be sure to start taking Reiki classes at a reputable place that 'feels right' for you.