Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Letter On Compassion From One Of My Patients

This photo carries the energy that is in the thank you note

Dr. (Reiki Doc's Real Last Name),

Thank you for your hard work and efficiency during the labor and delivery of my daughter (her name). She is healthy and growing fast. We could not have done it without you. Thank you for your follow-up after delivery as well. Your compassion is appreciated.

Sincerely,
The Patient Family

(The ER RN) at the same hospital as where I, Reiki Doc,  used to work before.

This patient understood the incredible amount of energy it took to keep bolusing the epidural through all hours of the night. Sometimes an epidural is a 'set it and forget it' and sometimes it's a 'let's keep this one working even though it's not great because it's easier than putting a new one in'.

I was exhausted, but kept coming to help her because, as she asked why? and I said, 'It's the reason why I am here. It's my job. And even though I am sleepy it is my pleasure to help you. After all, through our old work, we are FAMILY!--ohana.'

She gave me a two pound box of Rocky Mountain Company handmade chocolates with a big pink bow!

I shared with the nurses. Even though it wasn't RAW or vegan, I enjoyed it very much. I can't wait to see the look on my son's eyes when he sees how much chocolate we still have left!

GRATITUDE is what is going to make the new economic system go--not 'money'. Other civilizations who are more advanced than we are have come to this 'place' where it 'works'. 

All I can say is that the gratitude feels wonderful, and has stayed with me ever since being surprises that the wonderful box on the counter I thought was for sure for somebody else turned out to be a thank you gift for me!

Namaste,

Reiki Doc

P.S. She got Reiki. Lots of it. But I didn't let her know.