Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Be Free



'If you want to be happy, be happy.' -- I read that quote the other day. Someone's teacher had said it to them.

It's true.

Happiness is a choice.

I face a possibly eighteen hour day at work. I only know the first case--ortho 'screw removal'. I don't even know where on the patient's body that screw is? Following that, there are a whole bunch of cases, that by afternoon will move around to different rooms. I get to 'set up' in each one like I did at the start of my day. There is a safety check and a wipedown that is important for patient care. It takes time out of my already short 'downtime' between cases. I probably won't eat more than a snack bar at dinner because of this. Yesterday I got told 'not to complain' by the boss. That's right, I have to take it: hunger, fatigue, overwork, and not getting to use the bathroom in a timely manner. And I know I will be the next-to-last person allowed to leave the O.R....my work is mentally, physically, and emotionally demanding. Reiki helps, but it does not take the 'being in a hurricane' levels of stress away.

What's more? I might not get to see my family. If it's after eight-thirty at night, on visit night, Dad keeps him.

For you, it might be a coworker who is jealous of you, or lots of work for little pay and a mountain of bills, or health setbacks that take all of your attention...

Whatever it is, don't let it hold you back from joy.

Ever see one of those dogs with three legs, or even both legs in a little cart that rolls behind them?

The tail still wags. They still adore their owner. They still are one-hundred-percent puppy.  That joy of being alive is still there!

Ever see a family that was poor but the kids didn't know and everyone loved each other so much it almost didn't matter what the finances were? For us it's like that--humans--to 'rise above circumstance.' <3

Why not let's 'rise above' today together? Here is what I suggest:

Just for today, smile. See if you can get someone to smile back! Make it a real smile from your heart.

Just for today, accept yourself. Today is FRESH! You have the freedom to start anew. So stop 'beating yourself up' for what may have happened before this day. You are incredible and wonderfully made. I mean it.

Just for today, accept what is.  Remember the old saying about God always answers prayer? It is YES, NO, or NOT YET. Keep your focus on what is for The Highest Good. Your Highest Good.  And 'just keep swimming' like Dory the Fish says in the movie, Nemo.

Just for today, open your heart.  The best way to do this is to 'unplug' even just for five minutes. Get sunshine! Drink a glass of cool clear water! Go for a walk! See Nature around you. Or just quietly sit and rest and get to know yourself without any distractions.

Just for today, give your problems to God/Spirit/Source. Pray. How long has it been since you asked for something? Asking for help is as natural as asking your parents for a cup of water when you are a child. The Universe is supporting you. Whatever you think, it will provide. So relax the critical thinking that is negative. Let go of it. And replace it with what you would like to experience in your life. (I have a movie in my head of what I would enjoy more than anything, and I 'play' it in my head a little every day. That is how I ask. I get excited about the possibility it is 'right around the corner'.


Believe it or not, you are actually a very powerful Light Warrior to be alive in these days! Not only that, you probably won the lottery for a ticket against other powerful Light Warriors to get the chance to come! You are 'anchors of the Light' and are fulfilling a Purpose by your every-day struggles and learning and heart that you share with the world.

Why not take the opportunity to enjoy this?

I bet you can. Starting with today. Just for today...you shall do it!

How do I speak with such confidence? Because Love Is The Solution For Everything! And each day, I send more and more of concentrated healing Light energy--that is Reiki, or Karuna Reiki, or Divine Peace Healing or just plain appreciation for your walking upon Gaia at this time so I am not alone--to YOU. It tips the balance to give you more options, more chances, to make your life bright and filled with Light. Drop by drop that 'bucket' is being filled with the Good Stuff.

Enjoy!

Mahalos and Aloha,
Namaste,

Reiki Doc