Friday, May 17, 2013

Reiki Success Story Number 1


Yesterday morning as I came in to the OR to set up, one of my RN Reiki 1 students was going to be in there with me.

She shared how her stomach had been bothering her for some time, and she kept noticing her hands drifting up to rest on her painful areas. It offered her some relief.

Once the scrub had stepped out, I offered the RN a quick Reiki session, standing up.

I sensed her discomfort, and a lot of energy flowed from my hands into her stomach. She could feel it.

Much to our delight, the pain instantly went away, never to return for the rest of the day.

One day we are going to have 'treatments without pills or injections'. This is just the beginning.

It may not be new for those of you outside the hospital, but for those of us who work in the O.R., this is a definite 'first': two traditionally-trained healthcare workers using Reiki on each other with success.

Namaste,

Reiki Doc