Today I received the following question from a reader:
Here is my response:
Wanting to change is half of the solution already!
1) get a GOOD medical check up. Is your blood sugar okay? Are your electrolytes okay? Is everything else okay? If you are not feeling well, you will be prone to 'snap'.
2) Is YOUR emotional 'cup' of well-being filled? You are the one to maintain it. If you are a 'giver' or a 'people pleaser' you are going to be running on fumes...and not able to be emotionally 'present' for others.
3) Any time we are feeling angry or drained, there is likely a need to establish or re-define one's boundaries. In my class we say, 'Go to Kmart and buy a Boundary!' For example if someone is taking advantage of you, stop letting this happen, and say 'I can't' to whoever requests it.
4) are you getting healthy food, air, water, sunshine, and plenty of rest? Many of our food supplies and water are full of toxins--and we are told it is 'safe'. Look online to educate yourself more about high fructose corn syrup, GMO, pesticides, etc.
5) Is there a chemical imbalance? Many people have one on the brain that needs medication. Even more people who need medication and have no idea that they do--end up self-medicating with nicotine, alcohol, or recreational drugs, leading to trouble with dependence, abuse, relationships, work, and possibly the law. Only with a calm 'chemical' situation can you be your best self.
6) Pray. I cannot emphasize this one enough. Ask Archangel Michael and Archangel Nathaniel for their Divine Assistance in helping you to change your behaviors, which you can. (One Reiki treatment isn't enough).
7) Vow to Break The Cycle. I was raised by a woman with a hair-trigger temper. It has taken me years of therapy to recover. Even now, I limit the amount of time I am exposed to her. In this day and age, 'Yelling Is The New Spanking'--and it is proved just as harmful to developing children to be exposed to one's verbal rage as it is to physical rage. Remember your vow next time the anger wells up, and you 'see red'. Count to ten. Excuse yourself from the situation. Vote with your feet and get OUT! A really great way to 'turn it around' is to seek gratitude--start with the ABC's and say to yourself, I am thankful for Apples, thankful for Bananas, thankful for Celery....etc. This changes the energy to a healthier one for you.
I hope this helps!
Aloha and Mahalos,
Anger does not have to exist. You may notice the same triggers, the same feelings, but the choice to act upon it is entirely up to you.
Aloha and Mahalos,