Breaking The Cycle Of Stress
Oh single parents? Nothing strikes fear into the heart more than your kids getting sick when you need to go to work, doesn't it? Today Anthony slept well, and woke up with no fever. So I planned on his going to school while I did one short quick case, then I'd pick him up and take him home and to the doctor...
He wanted to go to his grandmother, who is out of the way, and needs an extra twenty minutes for my commute. This took some negotiation on both parts...I know full well if it had been me I'd have stayed home if I was back in the fourth grade...with single parenting much of the time you 'make do'.
Fortunately, I was the first to go home on the list, and although I was booked on an eleven o'clock case, the charge nurse was kind, and is also a single mother. She rearranged the cases so after my first, I could go home.
It was the first time in ages I made a personal call in the O.R. It was awkward booking an appointment but what could I do?
I even took the opportunity on the way home to check out an alternate route. This one will save me about ten minutes!
Yes I still have mice--as companions to the parrot, Harry Bird, and sometimes food to Cecil our ball python who is five years old.
The females give birth every three weeks. As a result, I've become good friends with the pet store. I call myself a 'breeder with love' because each and every one of these mice enjoy being raised as mice, by their mother, before they go to the pet shop. Harry is happy and we all enjoy the babies.
Today mama gave birth to like, twenty-five babies. But the substrate in the cage was soiled from a leaky water bottle, and needed changing anyhow. It couldn't wait. So I took all the mice out, except for mom and babies. I gave new substrate and home, and put all but five adults and three fuzzies back in the cage.
I thought mama would be happy with the new arrangement. I've done this before...you can imagine my surprise when I found two dead babies in the cage tonight. I fished them out. I gave them the Transition symbol. And I returned them to Gaia, and let the faeries in the garden watch over their bodies.
I was sad.
Sometimes I just can't figure mice out.
Mama mouse has her reasons--and I trust her judgement. She knows just how much life she can manage. Mother mice do some very strange things-to us with out limited perspective watching it--but somehow mice are a successful animal on the planet, yes?
When you encounter something that upsets you--like a mouse mom killing one of her babies--try to see it from the view of the mouse. Some breeders think these moms know if a baby 'isn't right' and 'euthanize it'. Others say they are 'mean'. How can you know the difference? The fact of the matter is that these mice are very inbred, about four generations, and it's just about the time for something 'genetic' to show up. Or, perhaps, two litters happened at once (mom was ready to POP! LOL, I knew it's her) came at once, and a mom went to the pet shop?
As an aside, I have to share the most precious moment of the day--sorting the mice with my son. I wanted the males only to go to the pet store today, because I knew they wouldn't affect any babies. So I would lift them up by the tail and look...it's not always testicles you see, but the distance between where the anus is and the urethra. I also look for the milk line of nipples. Anthony watched INTENTLY so I cheerfully called out to each mouse, 'Got balls? No? Okay!' and set it down with the rest. The ones that did went to the shop in a different container. OH man, if you want to make an under-the-weather nine-year old laugh his head off, all you have to do is that...I bet that's what he'll speak about at my funeral fifty years from now...sheesh!
Doctor Mom and the Pediatrician
She was good. I helped her. I gave her the results of my work-up yesterday--deep cough, an asthma equivalent to a wheeze really, For two days. No fever. Clear chest. Pulse ox 98%...
She was like, 'You have a home pulse ox?!'
I was like, 'Yeah!'
There were two real LOW points for me. I got the diagnosis. But the clash between my world and hers was never so apparent...
- first I cancelled MY appointment with his counselor (it's how counseling works with kids--a double--you go and talk about how the kid is doing separately, and later the kid goes alone so the kid can heal the fastest) to take him to the doc.
- I got a text from a colleague asking to switch calls to my benefit--a huge help for me--but I had to negotiate then and there during the doctor visit. I apologized. She had no way to know how serious it is to strike fast to make a call swap work out and seal the deal. I was embarrassed to see that this is what my life has become...me texting on a cell phone while my son's doctor is talking to us.
- The thought of Anthony taking breathing treatments at school freaked me out--she wanted a spacer and a puffer every four hours. You try that when you have to register the medicine, fill out a form, give it to a teacher every morning, and take it home with you each night, especially with so many different caregivers (Mana, dad, sitters) involved? You need to have the logistics of a general at your disposal to coordinate that! She countered with, 'he can just have one at school?' Dude, he would need one at dad, one at grandma, one at sitter, one here--did you know I have crappy insurance and a spacer alone costs me seventy bucks?! It's true. I have crappy insurance. The deductible is SO high, that when I went for my colonoscopy the surgery center felt sorry for me and dropped the price in half from twelve hundred to six hundred dollars for my co-pay.
At first she challenged me--because we work for the same health care organization. But I explained I'm not an employee. I'm a 1099 independent contractor, and I have to buy my own insurance for everything. She understood. She gave me one 'sample' a full-size inhaler, plus a NOTE signed by her that allows him to take the med into the class with him, just like an epinephrine pen. And also the nebulizer treatments--generic--a whole box, for eight dollars...I was so thankful for her kindness I could cry.
A Gift From Dolores
I don't know Dolores Cannon, and I've never met her, but I greatly admire her work. She is a pioneer in energy medicine who recently passed.
A symbol was shown to me by a reader about two days ago. It had just come to her after watching a video on Dolores Cannon! I couldn't forget it. And the name! Something to do with the balancing karma...but to draw it? These must be drawn in a certain sequence...and all I had was the finished picture. I asked would she mind showing me what order to draw it? She said she would but I know she's super busy too...so I waited.
I had patience...I also asked just once to make sure the reader knew I was interested. Let's just call her Archangel Katie..okay?
She gave me the symbol today. I struggled to master it, and I learned it. I gave it to myself.
Then tonight, while I was doing Reiki on Anthony, guess who showed up?
Ross! He congratulated Anthony on making five feet height today. He asked the boy, 'How does it feel to be almost as tall as your mother?' Anthony said it felt good. Ross teased him gently and said, 'You're not yet as tall as I am, but I want you to take GOOD CARE of your mother. '
Anthony started to drift off. (Reiki is GREAT for difficult sleepers. Once I hit Reiki three, he would go out like a light with the energies...)
And I gave the karma symbol to him...with love and gratitude.
Guess who popped up?
DOLORES! She is the nicest sweetest kindest lady ever. And she helped me heal my boy!!!
You know what? She was so nice, she even acted like she was excited to meet me!
I said, 'I am just a single mom Dolores! What is there to get excited about meeting me? I'm the one who is excited to meet YOU!!' and we had a good laugh together.
That was really, really cool.
I keep track of things sometimes, as a measure of how well people I work with energetically 'respond' to my intervention, and just how much they are waking up.
There is a balance with every heart.
And once you fill it with kindness, it is like priming a pump, and the kindness starts to flow.
Today as I bought supplies for the mice, and promised to bring 'lots of mice' to Eric, I thought please give me a discount on my purchase for all these mice I am giving you all the time.
I like 5D.
Anyhow, here is the balance:
- I am customer for ten years. He works there, and there is an old owner.
- Five years ago, he buys the shop from retiring owner.
- Earlier this year, the puppies catch parvovirus--it takes like Three thousand in vet bills to save the ones at the store. Then no more puppies are sold. (To energy heal you must get to the same 'energy match' as your person you work upon, so I TALK with people!)
- Around this time Eric is limping, and complains of intolerable pain for two years in hip and both knees that doctors can't figure out and it's stopped his skateboarding.
- DWR does a Reiki Request for Eric with his full permission.
- One week later he is totally fine and pain free and starting to skateboard again.
- I offer Reiki instruction if interested--as it's got Eric giddy and he says, 'I want to learn this Eastern thing!'
- no instruction takes place because there is no request.
- The mice--back and forth, back and forth, Cecil likes Eric's mice, and when I have a full cage I bring them to Eric.
- Today I am comped eight dollars.
- All this time, Eric is getting more calm, more grounded, more connected to purpose, more connected to source, and more open to Spirit--EVEN THOUGH HE NEVER TAKES A CLASS IN REIKI and that is OKAY...
And now for something completely different...I went to the local metaphysical shop today. I looked through a book by Doreen Virtue on 'Archangels and Ascended Masters'. I saw Ashtar (he kind of snubber her, and no, his hair is not white--it's blonde, almost like a towhead). I saw many others.
I want to apologize to you if the Healing Keys seem like we are just flipping randomly through Doreen's book--we aren't. And only when Source wills it, do I make a video...because so many of the people are the same as her book it just might seem that way but it's different. I just had Archangel Katie share with me a Lakshmi card today...
One important character was notably absent.
Because of this I elected not to purchase the book.
You don't NEED books to learn this stuff. You don't need CLASSES. What you need is HEART...lots and lots of patience, and a willingness to surrender to your lessons so that your soul grows in its Light.
Your ANGELS have WAYS of getting you to your TEACHER--whether it's online, or in face-to-face!!!
Just go with the NUDGES and you will be fine!!!
The Second Half
Ross told me that you needed a break and that beautiful music was your 'intermission'...
Here is a message from Divine Mother to all those who asked, 'What about those of us who are barely holding on? How can we survive?! My body aches with these Ascension symptoms! What do I DO?'
- No soul will be lost.
- She has complete and total trust in the need for each soul to progress at its own speed--there is NO RUSH.
- Even if it will take eternity, all souls will ultimately find their way back to merge with Her.
Remember you are loved and cared very deeply about here at Doctors With Reiki. Not just with me and Ross and Anthony...with the whole TEAM and it is growing day by day. Did you know the Divine Healing Code update went out to almost seventy thousand people just as soon as they came out tonight?
So if you feel you just can't take it any more, why not post a Reiki Request to the group? You will be surprised at the response. Some readers who request 'tingle for two hours'. Others have loved ones leave the hospital after surgery days ahead of what was planned. People who are facing the loss of a beloved pet find ways to accept the loss, make the most of what time they have left, and to grieve more effectively (and shorter too).
The best way to reach me is to either post on my Facebook page Doctors With Reiki, or private message me on this same page. A full name, a photograph, and a location make it easier and more accurate for the person sending the Reiki to direct it to you. We also can send Reiki healing back in time and also into the future.
So go along with the ride, do your best--angels can do no better!
And keep yourself connected with our community.
I have nothing to say. What were you expecting, a third act?! (joking about the need for a SECOND intermission)
I love you.
Love Is The Solution For Everything.
Even for us (he wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer to him, and we both smile)
Aloha and Mahalos,