Today on the way home, I was 'nudged' to say a rosary.
I was surprised!
I hadn't said one in about two years.
Then a car drove by with the license plate--a California plate--that said, +ROSARY.
Okay, okay, so I said it!
I said a joyful mystery.
That's how it works.
You don't even have to be Catholic to follow the Rosary.
It is a lovely meditation.
That's how I got my start as Reiki Doc!
Although I was in fact Roman Catholic, I didn't get my first rosary until I got one as a gift when I turned twenty-one.
It was blue crystals, teeny specks of them, and a really funny-looking metal crucifix on the end.
I prayed it.
Something funny happened when I did. It was the same warm, glowing feeling I got the first time I ever experienced a Rosary. It was at my grandfather's Rosary service. I felt the energy in the room, and it was so warm and welcoming as the family recited it together! I never even through about that feeling between fourteen (when I first felt it) and twenty-one (when I got the blue one).
I liked that feeling!
I wanted to feel it again and again.
So, every day, once a day, if you don't know how to meditate, or if meditation feels 'difficult' to you, a rosary is a good way to start.
The Rosary is open to all walks of faith, and is not limited to Catholics.
As a matter of fact, in 1990, I read this book, that was written by a Lutheran--Wayne Weible--who Mother Mary had picked precisely for this reason--to share Her message with the world.
It changed my life...
Here is what I prayed today--the Joyful Mysteries:
- Start at the crucifix. Ask for your angels, guides, deceased loved ones to be with you, and if you have an intention (for example, someone who is sick), dedicate this rosary to them.
- Say the 'I believe in the...' part if you are Catholic, otherwise, just express Love and Gratitude UP to Source, and trust you are 'getting it right'.
- At the next bead, the one that is all alone, say an Our Father*
- The three beads together, say one Hail Mary** each.
- then there is this metal thing where the short part connects the circle. Say one Glory Be***
- It doesn't matter what direction you go, but now at that SAME metal thing, we stop and reflect on the First Joyful Mystery--Archangel Gabriel telling Blessed Mother she is going to have a child.
- At that same metal thing, after you reflect, say one Our Father*
- Move on to the string of ten beads. Say one Hail Mary** for each one. (I always go to the right)
- At the one bead that is alone after the ten Hail Mary beads, say one Glory Be***
- Stay at that bead, and on the same one, Stop.
- Reflect on the Second Joyful Mystery--The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth when they were both pregnant.
- Say one Our Father* while on that bead.
- Move ahead to the ten beads that follow the one, and say one Hail Mary for each bead.
- At the single bead, say one Glory Be.
- Pause. Reflect on the Third Joyful Mystery--The Nativity, Jesus' birth to Mary and Joseph.
- Say one Our Father while on that same single bead.
- Move ahead to the ten Hail Mary beads.
- Say one Glory Be.
- Pause and reflect on the Fourth Joyful Mystery -- The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple when he was two. (infant mortality was so high, that until this ceremony, the child wasn't 'officially born')
- Stay on that same single bead, and say one Our Father.
- Move ahead to the ten beads that follow, and say one Hail Mary for each one.
- At the single bead after the ten, say one Glory Be.
- Pause. Reflect on the Fifth Joyful Mystery--When Jesus was lost and was found teaching at the temple when he was twelve.
- Say one our Father at that same bead.
- Move on to the ten Hail Marys.
- You will end at that metal thing. Say one Glory Be and you are done for the day!
The next day, pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:
- Jesus is told he is going to die--in the Garden of Gethsemane
- Jesus is scourged at the pillar
- Jesus is crowned with thorns
- Jesus carries the cross
- Jesus is crucified
The next day, pray the Glorious Mysteries:
- Jesus comes back from the dead--Resurrects
- Jesus Ascends
- Jesus Sends the Holy Spirit to all of us
- Mary Ascends
- Mary is crowned Queen of Heaven
As I said the rosary daily, several things happened that were good for my spirituality...I connected with God, directly. As the words and the movements of the beads became more natural, I found that while the words were being said (or thought), it Quieted that part of my mind that likes to chatter. You know that 'I have to do this and this and this' and the 'I said and she said but I should have said' type of internal conversation.
Once that Quiets, your heart comes in to play. Sometimes on a mystery, you think of yourself how you have suffered, or experienced joy, just like Jesus, but not as big as him, but just as big for you.
It also helps with daily practice to get the feel that some experiences are Joyful, but don't last. Some experiences are Sorrowful, but don't last. And some experiences in Life are very Otherworldly and totally incredible and outside anything you ever thought of in your life!!!
When you are quiet, in time, during your rosary, you will 'sense' the Divine 'nudging' you. As you work more and more with The Divine, the 'nudge' will be experienced more and more at other times too.
Rosary is a form of self-love, and dedication to your Higher Self. It works these 'muscles of Spirit' in such a way that you hardly even know it.
Do I have conversations with Angels?
Do I communicate directly with my guides? Yes. And I have many. Today I worked with Archangel Michael and Archangel Raphael on some very deep healing I needed to do.
The Journey of A Thousand Miles begins with One Step.--Lao Tzu
If you are wanting to be spiritual, and you don't know where to begin, if you are comfortable with it, why not try a rosary?
If you have other Spiritual practice, that's wonderful, too.
And you know what? You don't even need to buy any beads.
Here is my way, when I drive:
- put all your fingers kind our in good contact with the steering wheel.
- think the first part--the crucifix, the one bead, and the three beads
- left thumb equals the metal thing.
- go through all ten fingers with a Hail May each
- finish with Glory Be
- left index finger is next single bead.
- go through ten fingers
- left long finger is next single bead
- go through ten fingers
- left ring finger is next single bead
- go through ten fingers
- left pinkie finger is last single bead
- go through ten fingers
- you're done!
(there was a LOT of traffic--it was slow, and I am good at multitasking...)
No matter what, be sure to spend some time just with you and Source, today. <3
In time, through daily saying the rosary, you will become more like a rose, and less like the circle of beads...
I prayed it every day for twenty-five years.
Then I found Reiki (see P.P.S. below), and I do healing for others in my usual quiet time with Source.
I've never stopped feeling that wonderful warm feeling in my heart...it keeps getting more and more wonderful and lasts longer and longer through my day.
I highly recommend it.
With so very much Love,
Aloha and Mahalos,
* Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed by thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, now and forever. Amen.
**Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women. Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, please pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
***Glory be to the Father, to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. Amen.
(here is an extra part I tack on to the Glory Be-- Oh my Jesus forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are most in need of thy mercy.)
P.S. for some reason, I just didn't 'connect' with the luminous mysteries. They were invented during John Paul II, and it just didn't 'feel right' with me. That's why they are not included...
P.P.S. I did Reiki and Catholic concurrently until July 2012 when I read Cobra's Little Red Pill. Because of the Jesuit agenda, I no longer go to the Catholic Church.