Friday, July 13, 2018

The Illusion Of Rest versus The Importance Of A Good Night's Sleep


Here is an example of loving your flaws and shortcomings.

In my life, I find that even though my phone tells me 'it's bedtime', because of the intensely long day at work, I want to squeeze in as much as possible free-time activities 'to relax' and 'to recover from a hard day'.

Anthony wanted to play the new season on Fortnite with his friends.

I watched some YouTubes but not finishing one that was thirty eight minutes.

I slept fitfully. It was hard to find a comfortable position. The room was warm and I had on the fan. I did get rest.

My body wakes up around the time of the alarm, whether or not I go to sleep late or early.

When it did I hit the snooze button, just once.




A snooze button is not 'quality sleep'.

The reality is that there's no substitute for keeping to a schedule. It takes work and discipline for health, to avoid the distractions, to take care of the things around the home, and to go to bed at a proper time so you can get a full eight hours of quality sleep.

I waited for exhaustion, called Anthony up to bedtime, and barely had time to fall into bed without tucking him in.

What kind of life is that?

So...just for today...I will do my work honestly, at work plus at home, and I will see through the little lies I keep telling myself that just because this is my 'way' or 'routine' or 'habit'--there is no substitute for the real deal and for doing the job right.

There are so many ways the Illusion trips us up, not only in the whopping big lies we are told by society in general about what's what, but also the many little ones we use to cope as we make our way through our hectic and busy days.

Watch for it.

Remember you don't have to be a slave to anything any more.

Make time for you.

Put your own oxygen on first.

I asked Ross as I was falling asleep, 'how do I avoid this?'

He said to get in the habit of writing things down, and going over our schedule every day in the morning at home with Anthony. He says he is sorry about the OB and the early times required of us at work. And we will adapt.


We hope this helps.

And no this is not the extra thing Ross promised. It's still coming.




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Reiki Doc Couple