Wednesday, April 15, 2020

It's Not The End, This Is A Beginning!


Some changes are hard to make. 


We are talking about the little things, the every day things we do, almost unconsciously.



These are the things we take for granted because as we know it, everyone, and even our pets, need to have clean teeth. It's hygiene, it's health, and it's important--but not something we examine closely because it's part of our daily routine.  And the more we follow this routine, there is a possibility for people like me to get a little attached to it. 



What do you use to brush your teeth?  The first time I ever saw anything like that, my mother had a pink powder in a metal can she would put on her toothbrush. I was like, 'mom! What on earth is THAT?'

She explained to me how she was brushing her teeth, it's important, and this powder was called dentifrice. She had sensitive teeth and this was the kind of toothpaste/tooth powder her dentist said was right for her.


As a family growing up, we all shared the same tube of toothpaste. There was just one tube in the cup holder thing that kept all of our toothbrushes. We were a Crest family. My cousins, whose parents were millionaires in real estate, had to use the store brand, the cheap one. I felt sorry for them. 

Sometimes if there was a sale mom would buy Aqua Fresh, but none of us really liked the taste even though the commercials were cool. Once in a while we would get the cinnamon one, called Close Up. We never ever got Pepsodent like my friends had with their family. I think a few times we had a tube of Ultra Bright--which was kind of wintergreen flavor and strong. I didn't like it. Even if it whitened our teeth. 

And later, mom's dentist found for her Sensodyne, a pink toothpaste in a tube that was gentle on enamel.


The summer I turned twenty-one, I went to Cincinnati to work for Procter and Gamble as a summer engineer. My project was deodorant, another friend had laundry soap fragrance (micro something for the fragrance), my roommate had feminine hygiene product (kind of embarrassing)...fortunately my roommate was a Crest person like me. We are still friends to this day, yesterday she emailed me to plan a visit once travel is permitted. She's an East Coast workaholic. And I'm a West Coast M.D. who also works too much. But we both were once Chemical Engineers and worked as summer engineers together. 


Another friend was working on a flavored toothpaste, one that was sparkly and fruit flavored for kids. She had us try some samples. One was like root beer, it wasn't right. But she valued our opinion. 

I saw she had one I'd never seen before. It was a commercial brand from England, she said, and it wasn't sweet at all. It was called Mentadent. She wasn't going to use it any more for her project, so she let me have it.

I was almost shaking with excitement to try something so daring, so sophisticated, so decidedly uncommon to a Californian like myself--it was pure magic and I never wanted to use another brand for the rest of my life.


Two marriages, two careers (three if you count Reiki), a child, one dormitory, four apartments, two townhomes and one house house later--I've still been using the Mentadent.

It's changed somewhat. Arm and Hammer bought it after it had changed to a plastic two-piece dispenser, you could buy refills for it. It had a split where two separate pastes, one white like before and the other a hydrogen peroxide blue gel, would dispense at the same time. Arm and Hammer added baking soda to the flavor but it was still almost the same. Kind of more peppermint, but not sweet. It lacked the delicious licorice notes of anise and fennel like it had before.

I typically stock up when I buy toothpaste. But then I noticed it was getting harder and harder to find. Then I looked online, and tubes and refills were going super high price, not like six dollars at the store but like, two hundred dollars!

Arm and Hammer discontinued it.  I emailed them and they said to try some other whitening brand in their line up.

I bought it and it made me want to throw up.

I still used it because I didn't want to waste the money. I put it in my on call bag.

But the old tube of Mentadent was getting emptier and emptier...



I tried using up all the samples of Crest sparkly kid stuff that my dentist gave me when I got my teeth cleaned. 


I looked at the store but I just couldn't go back to Colgate or Crest again. I wasn't the same.


Anthony likes the sparkly fruity kind. His was something on clearance we had bought, every last tube years ago, and it lasted like eight years. Then they stopped making it. He wasn't happy. But on Amazon when I was looking for Mentadent, I saw the one he liked, and we stocked up on so much that they thought we were going to resell it. I guess there was an expiration date on it, but we didn't care. We knew it wasn't important. 


So Anthony was set.

By chance, I happened upon another toothpaste that wasn't sweet. It also starts with the letter M. It's Meridol. 

I bought two tubes of it when I had the chance! 

I've looked online, can I buy it? Not here.

But for Christmas I was gifted another tube, and even a similar one to try. 

I was so thrilled to be out of my predicament I exclaimed, THANK YOU JESUS! when I opened the gift.


This is where Ross came in.

You see, I hadn't emptied my Mentadent, not the last one. 

I had been nursing it along, keeping it for old time's sake.

You know me and things that are final. We don't mix. I hate goodbyes, they tear me to shreds, even with my silent partner in all of my adult life--my brand of toothpaste that kept my smile looking its best. 

I smiled inwardly because I knew how Spirit works. I knew that when the Mentadent was gone, the changes we have been waiting for were going to hit/happen/occur.  Yes I've been given symbols to make it happen, Reiki symbols, and I've used them  to accelerate the earth shifts in energy--under Ross' guidance and teaching. 

But there was something about the toothpaste and it's going away I knew, somehow with my intuition I just knew...and I had been a little apprehensive about the new things coming to Earth. After all, tried and true versus the unknown??? Nothing unsettles a Cancer, Virgo Rising, Moon in Gemini like me than CHANGE lol. 



Ross said it's time.

I obey.

I always, always, always obey when Spirit isn't joking around.

There was still a little bit left in it.

I threw it out.

No more Mentadent.

That was late last week.

I'm actually happy with my Meridol. I was a little surprised to find it tastes along the lines of the Absinthe...lol, for to me it was the Absinthe tasted like the Meridol because I had that first.


Ross and I chose this example to push you to think a little more about the things that are part of your day you take for granted.

The news for example. Whether you get it online, on the radio, in a newspaper, or on television--you probably start your day or end your day with is as part of your routine.

It makes you comfortable.

You don't even think about it.

It's going to run out. Just like the Mentadent. The contract for the ASSC who owns and controls it has run out.

Trust that something wonderful and better than you ever imagined will replace it.

Your life will go on beautifully.

So smile.

We want you to have all the reasons to keep smiling your beautiful smile to the world! You need toothpaste? Toothpaste will find you. You need news? Trust that the right one will find you.

You need a morning cup of coffee? There will always be a wonderful way to start your day, something simple, approachable, and friendly which is right for you. Some people like my mom have instant coffee, freeze dried stuff you mix with boiled water. I'm a grind the beans and press pot kind of girl. Some have super sophisticated machines you could probably use to launch a rocket into space with it if you push a certain combination of buttons. My grandmother used a percolator on the stove top and put a little stick cinnamon in it. I've had the good coffee from Cuba--it's so strong and sweet it will put hair on your chest--in South Beach. Now I have a Cuban neighbor who showed me how to make it. There's as many different types of coffee as there are people. Something will be right for you. Here is a link on someone talking about coffee--it's along the same lines as the toothpaste--and shows you it's the little things....that are big and yet not.

Ross says for us to try to have a sense of humor. To enjoy the little things we might be asked to give up, for this gives us opportunity to try something we also might enjoy, something that if were were a little too much like Carla with her Mentadent (he actually says, 'her damn toothpaste!' with a grin) you will lose out on some wonderful alternative to make live more wonderful and pleasant and free.  Try to let go, he says, and when Spirit says it is time for you--like for Carla to put it in the waste basket--get on with it. And do not be concerned about what has left, look for what is new and highly better and embrace it with open arms!




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twins who have known one another a LONG time ; )