Saturday, November 24, 2018

Let's Talk Story

Katz's Delicatessen (est. 1888), a famous restaurant, known for its Pastrami sandwiches, located at 205 E. Houston Street. June 11, 2012 in New York City, USA

Our countdown today is two hundred five days, until 'things get better' that 'you can mark on your calendars'.

We are approaching the halfway point where more days will have elapsed than are yet to be counted.

This is exciting.


A small wooden bridge with nature in Nubra Valley in Turtuk Leh Ladakh. Turtuk is a village 205 km from Leh on the banks of Shyok River near Pakistan

I have been very sleepy the last few days. I've been catching up on rest for work. This is a working holiday for me, not one where I have the whole time off. Three people were kind to reach out to me personally to wish a Happy Thanksgiving. I had wanted to call each one, and I will. I'm sorry I didn't text back immediately with similar wishes. My assignment of the day was to make five pounds of green beans from fresh ones. That was all I was able to manage...

Yesterday Anthony woke me up and came back home. His dad had to work, and dropped him off. I was grateful to spend time with him. We had breakfast, and he wanted to see what all the hype about Black Friday was at the mall. The deals weren't that great. The only thing we bought was at Abercrombie and Fitch because it was fifty percent off. He got two sweaters, and a pair of sweats, and I got a new sweater.

I realized at the Thanksgiving table the day before at my sisters, the whole point of being alive is to have fun and enjoy each other...and share our lessons. 

We have our lessons and are incarnate to interact, to co-create, and to make beautiful stories to share. 

Stories that help us to see how far we've come, and how we see life through our own two eyes.

I shared I was thankful to have the day off, and someplace to be. I shared a quick story about how when I was on call for OB one Thanksgiving, we had all brought in a potluck to share, and it was set up in a patient room on post partum. All the food was on tables and patient beds in the empty room.

A new father pulled me aside and asked how the patient was doing in that room? He had noticed all the doctors and nurses going in and out of that room all day. Was it really bad, doc? Was somebody dying?

I smiled and shared it was our Thanksgiving potluck in the room, and we both laughed and laughed.

Later, another family friend shared a story. She is a neighbor for many years, who is Czech. She is a professional woman, and does not cook. One year she decided to invite her brother to celebrate Thanksgiving with her family. She made arrangements in advance to go to a local chain restaurant, Boston Market, for their dinner. She ordered everything for pickup to come to her home. She went and came home with the bags and was ready to serve them, but she noticed one thing. Clunk! Clunk! everything in the bag was frozen! Frozen solid! She got angry and started banging the bag so hard on the edge of the table realizing there was to be no thanksgiving dinner because the food needed to be thawed and cooked! Everyone was hungry! So--after the pizza was delivered and everyone had eaten--she finally could laugh. And everyone joined in her laughter as she shared with us her family Thanksgiving Disaster story...





Col D'Aspin,France- July 15,2015: The breakaway climbing the road to Col D'Aspin in Pyrenees Mountains during the stage 11 of Le Tour de France 2015.

We share the power to co-create.  Our experiences are like a movie we produce, direct and star in.

No two perspectives are alike.

As we train ourselves to accept and allow, to realize everything is for the highest good, and to focus on this Now Moment we regain our power.

We don't need anyone to tell us in the news or in fashion or anywhere else how to think, how to dress, how to feel.

We decide for ourselves.

If we get into the habit of going into our quiet place to contemplate the Divine daily, it will help us to let go of the distractions and to boost our energy up to the frequency where we co-create the best--that of Divine Unconditional Love which feels like nurturing, warmth, love and compassion.

Fortunately, emotions are contagious.

And when you have Love in your heart it is going to have an impact on everyone around you, whether they mention it or not.

Enjoy creating your own memories, your own experiences, your own reaction to them--your own 'Talk Story' as it is called in Hawaii. Enjoy sharing the 'Talk Story' others share with you and you share with them.

That is life.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Life is a precious gift.




I realized just last week (I don't even know the day) but Ross and I reached our five year anniversary of being together while I am incarnate.  He had me look up the traditional gifts and go find something. I haven't found the right thing yet. But that he would want to celebrate makes me very happy and content.  It's halfway to ten years, our relationship is going strong. I'm so very grateful for it!




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Couple