Thursday, November 22, 2018

Celebrate Self-Love and Mastery!




Today we celebrate Thanksgiving.  It marks the start of the holiday season here in the United States.

For those of us who work in the hospital, two out of four of the major holidays--Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year--you will be expected to take call and work. If you work nights or days, if the holiday falls on your shift then you are expected to work if you do not take call, for example, as a nurse or a technician or clerical worker.

It's possible to trade, but it's not easy.

And patient care is stretched thin. There is a skeleton crew running the hospital, and some physicians are covering more than one hospital so their colleagues may enjoy time with their family.

I worked last night. Everything was looking good, I was planning to go home, and a case came in right when I was driving out of the parking lot. The surgeon we had thought was on vacation was in town, and a case needed to be done but he wasn't available until nine p.m. I challenged the emergency, could it wait or if it's a true emergency why isn't it being done now?

I got the now.

However, it was a medically challenging case for both surgery and anesthesia. We weren't out of the room until eleven, and it was dark, cold and raining. The nurse who had asked if I was on call when I left the hospital the first time, doesn't drive. So she takes the sleeping room I use in the Recovery Room (PACU) when it's her shift.

My heart sank.

After the case, I felt alert until I got to the car, and I realized it was risky for me to drive home in my fatigue. I pulled out my old sleeping bag, and slept in the back seat until the call of nature woke me around three in the morning. I went back to the hospital. I checked and slept in the PACU until six, but it was loud and cold on that gurney.

The same security guard who had said goodbye with a smile at eleven, and given me a dirty look for sleeping in my car at three, was there again at six when I left the hospital.

The worst part was I got a little hypothermia in the OR during the case. I got chilled to the bone. Hot tea, a hot bath, and now my wearing a thermal long sleeve shirt with a down vest over it are just barely getting me warm.

When I was setting up the case, the environmental services worker Jose who had wished me a HappyThanksgiving on the first goodbye, said, 'I'm sorry you have to come in'...and for the first time, I was surprised what came out of my mouth.

'That's okay, I signed up for this!'

I did.

It's not easy, it's not fun, but it's part of the deal. My surgeon couldn't operate at the other hospital because the anesthesiologist refused to wait until ours finished (my situation, in reverse). The surgeon said, 'I don't mind operating on Thanksgiving' and rescheduled the other hospital's case until today.

That's professionalism and dedication. I've struggled with the 'my dad was a teacher so THAT is a normal life' for many years, for my whole career.

Last night I finally got over it.

Abal Jais is a mountain on the border between Oman and United Arab Emirates, with an elevation of 1,911 m (6,268 feet). The highest point of this mount is located on the Omani side, but a secondary hill (in the same mountain) west of this peak is considered the highest point of the United Arab Emirates, at 1,892 m (6,207 feet) above sea level.

The purpose and reason for our being alive in this incarnation is a chance to learn to love yourself in a hostile/separate Illusion and to overcome it. To know your strengths. And also your weaknesses. 

I have discovered another joy and purpose which helps to pass the time in the Illusion as well--to watch other students as they face their challenges and overcome them too.   As long as you are working on yourself and your reactions and values--which might involve questioning the ones society 'fed you' as you were growing up, by the way!--there's no reason why you can't appreciate the 'work' that is going on in others too.

And if you'd like to take a super good 'look around' today at the dinner table, know that people who are spouting off on political discussions are actually doing a form of what is called 'projection'. 

Projection means pasting what you don't like about yourself onto someone else and reacting about that. 

People who have a distrust of a certain orange man, and react to it, I interpret as 'people who believe the news and what society tells them, and don't like to acknowledge their hidden orange side of themselves so they react over it'. 

It's simple. And I know I may have pushed a lot of buttons with saying it. Deep deep down, it's fundamentally true with the situation. These are good people, who have good hearts, and want to help make the world a better place too. It just IS.

And for those who, um, don't believe what society tells them, and distrust people who distrust the orange man (or the loud angry groups who distrust him)--if they keep it to themselves and like-minded people they have a certain Consciousness frequency. If they work hard to convince others then they are in a different bandwidth and there is also projection and ego involved--duality thinking. 

It makes for fun sport!

One of the oddest sports I've witnessed was Dr. O'Connor looking at the Obituary section in the newspaper. He laughed and called it the 'Irish Sports Page'. He was Irish and he was right. I actually enjoy reading them too, to find out how they died, and also, if they wrote their own obituary in advance or a family member wrote it. You can tell when it's really flow-y and there's a portrait of them really looking young and good that it's probably them. 

Now you have two sports! In addition to the task of learning about yourself and mastering your life lessons.





Skypark, Sochi, Russia - panoramic views of the gorge with the world's longest suspension footbridge 439 m length and 207 m height on OCTOBER 31, 2014, Sochi, Russia




I have two things to share Ross says is okay to share. It's from my own inner work and life lessons recently.

One--there is a certain subset of individuals on the planet who follow rituals and symbols to create 'magic'.  On Monday I learned that actually, the kind of co-creation we do without the incantations and tools and magical moon phases and stuff is STRONGER. 

Magic simply IS, like a life-force. And instead of channeling it, directing it, and forcing it to do one's will (as in, 'do what thou wilt')--which is unnatural, allowing the co-creation of the Divine to work with you, in an unstructured and spontaneous way, is actually more effective!

The gifts of the spirit are stronger than darkness. 

And that's a beautiful thing!

The second is a meditation I learned just yesterday on the drive to work. It's called 'Opening the Eye of the Seraphim'. Ross taught me to see something with my mind's eye. When I go through the steps I can feel both sides of my brain working together at once. I did it and after a few minutes, it was like, 'BOOM!' there was this part of me, that's the REAL me, UP. About twelve feet up over my head. And it's totally fantastic, this spiritual being, and it KNOWS and TRUSTS what is. It watches everything. And when I was aware of it, I felt a sudden calm flooding over me, and warmth. Nothing can hurt that creature. It's strong, spiritually strong and no entity can mess with it. It's making sure everything is going as the Will of the Divine intends it. I've practiced it throughout the day. And I'm hearing the seraphim music of the Universe. It's silent. But there's an energy to it, and as my vibration increases hopefully one day I'll hear the music in there too. 

The last thing I recall, so this makes three things total, is my Council sent me a sign that the Archons have been defeated. I was taking a shower yesterday morning. They popped in. All of them, my Council. They were standing up in that room where they usually sit, I saw their table behind them.  On the floor, a white marble like floor, was a large, and very dead, lizard-like creature. It was shriveled up, old dead, not fresh dead with blood.  There's absolutely no chance ACLS and a code blue would have saved it. LOL. 

I asked Ross what comes next?  He gestured and said, 'rebuild' .





The Bell tower known worldwide as the Leaning Tower of Pisa or Tower of Pisa Detail of its 207 columns

Remember there is Divine perfection in imperfection. 

I'd like to close with a story from Hope Johnson. It appears recently she fainted in a movie theater, and, the paramedics were called and she had to go to the ER for a few hours for observation. She was asked many questions about what she recently ate. 

She laughed, and said, 'I made the whole thing up!'

She and her commenters (fans) understand this aspect of the Illusion--we make up our own life experiences!

What happens to you is ultimately what you attract to you, what your Higher Self sends you to learn, what you agreed to in your life script but none of it is 'real'--because you are a Spiritual Being having an Earthly experience. 

I personally believe that although our experiences are 'really made up one way or another', that they are also 'for our benefit and the benefit of others in some way' and that the loving feelings we create and share are in fact REAL.  As in 'Life, Death and Forever' real. That's my take on it.

The reason I share is that, indirectly, Hope showed me this truth--the one thing everybody has in common who is incarnate and has ever been incarnate is:  we are all just making everything up!! 

All of our experiences, our drama (and our reactions to our drama) are all one hundred percent created and Illusion and a learning experience to help us discover self-love and mastery, the whole point of being alive.



BTW, Anthony is with Jared to celebrate Thanksgiving just the two of them. They have a seventeen pound turkey stuffed and in the oven at Jared's apartment. Anthony just shared with me that they named the bird 'George' lol.  Love is the solution for everything. And so is being present in the moment, and giving thanks for our bonus days of being incarnate here with everyone we love, each and every bonus day at a time. And for telling our loved ones we appreciate their presence!



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twins