Sunday, November 17, 2019

A Special Moment To Remember





Today was Anthony's last baseball game. It was at perhaps the most beautiful and well-kept of the fields we have visited in our local communities. The snack bar was open. And there were many games being played on the six fields there. Our team was ahead, eight to one.

I had to use the bathroom, so I recalled seeing one near the entrance to the complex. It was a long walk. And along the way, I spoke with Ross, from my heart.

I asked him if he thought he could learn baseball?  Anthony loves it, and in Heaven he is going to need a dad to spend the extra time with him so he can get better, and be happy. Would Ross be up for the task?

Ross was taken aback.

He paused, and looked at me quizzically.

I was very, very sincere, as sincere as I can be, a mother for my child...I didn't understand his reaction?

He looked down, and quietly said, 'that is the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to me.'

I asked him if he was sure? There are so many people saying things to you all the time? It was this request that was the nicest? And besides, there is need. Very obvious, definite NEED for Ross to help our son. Why wouldn't I ask him? I asked him early, too, to give him time to prepare for when we meet him.

Ross was sincere too. He said yes, he would learn baseball for our future family life in Heaven.

I saw him trying on uniforms (it's instant in the Higher Realms)...handling the equipment for the first time...getting himself prepared for the challenge.  He had a new bounce in his step, and purpose.

You see, here in the States, there is no greater way for a father to show his love for his children, than to coach them in sport, especially, the sport of baseball.

I have tears in my eyes as I share this special moment with you.  Ross asked me to write it so you would know how our family and relationship is.

Ross also told me to take Anthony to a fast food called Boston Market after the game. He said Anthony would be very hungry (we had only had chicken soup for lunch) and to let him get anything he wants. It was to celebrate the end of the Fall Ball season.

Anthony didn't know Ross' suggestion. When I said to go there, he wanted to go to Kane's chicken. I had to be polite and firm. But he was STARVING. He ate a quarter chicken, baby back ribs, potatoes, corn bread, and stuffing. So fast. I haven't seen him eat so fast before.

I had the turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn bread, cranberry sauce, and water. I always get the turkey. Every single time.

Ross' gift to me was that this weekend I didn't have to cook. Anything. I only reheated the leftover soup for lunch. Breakfast--yes, it was pancakes and scrambled eggs. It was very good. Along with my homemade juniper lattes. I use the old school espresso pot, I have a bodun milk frother I do by hand, and I made my own syrup from scratch. I'd forgotten about that. I think it was because it was Ross' idea what to make, and that took the burden off me for having to think of what to make. But having dinner done was super easy and appreciated.

I appreciate Ross' kindness, thoughtfulness and love. And his willingness to learn something new to help our family <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I hope you are gaining a little more insight to him through our sharing, too.



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twins