Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Muddica!

 




Muddica is the Sicilian word for 'breadcrumbs'.

Ross helped me to title this post today.

Our turtle eats floaty sticks. They are very hard and crunchy. You sprinkle them into the water dish. Over time they soften. If you wait too long, then they dissolve and turn into mush.

Today is an ominous day for all California healthcare workers who wish to avoid a certain 'new' medical procedure. It's the deadline for being able to request an exemption.

At a local hospital, in my city, all unvaccinated people, in addition to wearing an N-95 mask (which is totally obvious) and lacking a prominent sticker on their badge (which is totally obvious) and needing to be tested twice a week (which is invasive)--they need to wear a wide strip of bright yellow tape across their chest on their scrub top to make sure others know they are 'different'.

Why stop at a stripe? Why not go all the way with a yellow star? Right?


I couldn't get in to see my doctor until September 16. She wasn't going to take it, but she took it to keep her job. There is extreme threat to anyone who 'helps' anyone get an exemption here. Threat to their license. Threat to their livelihood. Our healthcare system told her she can't 'help' anyone. They will come down hard on her.

I have a valid medical reason.

My sister has friends, and she asked one, and that one, said, in true PhD Psychology answer, 'I can see where she is coming from, but there is a RULE where you can't treat people who you knew before you got your license.'

Nobody is willing to put themselves on the line, not here in California.

And my work made it clear--it has to be someone who's seen you in person and treated you. Can't be from far away.

So, in anguish, I was told the news by my sister that there's no one to help me. Not for the medical. So to try for the religious.

Which I did.

I turn it in today.

The form--Ross wants me to attach it. 

Please provide the following information to identify your sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance that is the basis for your request for an exemption as a religious accommodation:
a)  what is the name of your religion (or parallel system of beliefs, observances or practices)?
b) when did you first begin to follow or practice this religion or belief system?
c) have you continuously followed or practiced this religion since you first started? (check box yes or no, and explain no)
d) Please check all of the following that are applicable and fill-in the requested information:
There are other members of my religion (yes or no)
There are places of worship where members of my religion gather for services and religious observances (yes or no)
The name and address of the location where I go to worship  are: (fill in blank)
I typically go to worship on the following schedule....

The following days are observed in my religion (e.g. religious holidays, festivals, days of rest). Please include the name of the day, dates observed, and description of significance.

I have a spiritual leader whose name is (fill in blank).  Check box:  This leader has agreed to answer any questions you may have about how the COVID019 vaccination violates the tenets of the religion.  Contact information (fill in the blank)

Please explain how your sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance conflicts with 'work hospital system' and state and local public health agency COVID-19 vaccination requirements  (check all that are applicable):

my religion explicitly prohibits all vaccines.
My religion explicitly prohibits the Covid 19 vaccine.
fill in the blank, a spiritual leader of my religion has publicly stated (check box) or told me  that the Covid-19 vaccine is prohibited by the religion (check box)
I came to my own conclusion that my religion prohibits me from receiving the Covid-19 vaccine fits into your overall religious belief system.


have your relieved any vaccines in the past as an adult? check yes or no, and if yes give what and when.

Please provide additional information. Attach sheets as necessary.



Attest that all is true.

Attest that if you are going to follow all the restrictions for accommodations until September 30. If the exemption is granted then I will follow the restrictions forever.


Sign here.


Here's what I have to say about it:  watch this, save it, it is precious indeed!


I tired it all yesterday. I headed up my exemption request with this prayer.  Sear it into your memory. And use your precious time left on earth to say it over and over.

I'm so grateful I stumbled across this prayer two days ago, by accident, just straight from my heart, and then saw this video later that evening.

Let's sear the demons!





clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
Your friends for eternity <3 <3