Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Attend To The Sick

 



The Universe is funny. 

Yesterday, I wasn't thinking about my future, even through the deadline for the mandate is two days away. 

I focused on connecting with people.

I have a wonderful African Violet plant. I've kept it alive for eighteen years. It's so happy here in my kitchen window, that it's made babies. Lots of them. I've had a batch of little babies in pots, growing, taking root, and one was just starting to bloom. 

I took it to work. I wasn't sure to give it 'free to a good home' or to an actual person. And I felt perhaps a nurse whose boys have left the home, and one has had some 'mental health' problems recently, might enjoy it. I actually literally ran into her at the break room door. I asked her if she would enjoy having a baby African Violet to raise?  

It turns out she had one many years ago. She enjoyed the fuzzy leaves, and the cheery flowers. 

I let her know it's one from mine, and I wanted it to go to a good home. She said, 'maybe the pressure is on, I hope I don't kill it!'...I smiled and said, 'oh no! it's the opposite! If something happens to it, there's lots more to try again!'...

I was happy I was able to share this joy with her, and also, let her know I thought she was a good nurturer and I trust her.



My patients recently, have been sick. Not just physically sick. Some have made horrific life choices. It's hard to watch. Or they had very different lifestyles from me, ones so different it was almost painful to interact because I had to stretch my 'doctoring' wayyyy outside my 'comfort zone' to be 'fully present' for them.

The cases were fast too. 

So I couldn't even do my usual thing.

I had to put them in the Lord's hands, and ask for His healing to compensate for whatever healing I could have/would have/should have done. 


A long time ago, a wise man was known to be in the company of the tax collectors and prostitutes and other unsavory characters in his society. People would talk about him, behind his back. But when questioned, he said, 'it is the sick who need the doctor! Not the healthy!'

He was talking about the soul, about spirit, about mental health, about people who we know today probably experienced lots of trauma in childhood. Many in prostitution even today were abused as children and in foster care...

So I understood yesterday, I was meant to be where I was, to be me. Not anything else. And by being 'me', I was present for people who needed my heart, needed my compassion, needed my energy and healing expertise--patients and workers alike.

Here is an example. Evelyn has talked to me about a ghost in her house. Her boy could see him. An older man. He was gruff and would turn on the TV, change the channels, turn lights on and off, and even make a mess. It was freaking her out. She was scared of it. She's Latina, and in her culture, you're not supposed to interact with the dead.

She asked me for help.

I explained to her that the ghost doesn't know he's dead. It's his home. He doesn't understand why they are living in his home.  He's not 'evil', not based on the stuff he's been doing to them. I shared how we had a ghost in our house growing up. Once mom and dad went to bed, and forgot to turn off the light. It was a sconce light on the wall. One of them had to get up. 

Dad, got the idea, and said, 'ghost, turn off the light'.

The light went off.

He and mom got scared. But he wasn't letting it show, and in his teacher's voice, he commanded, 'Ghost! Turn ON the light.'

And the light went on.

There was a woman who loved the house and had died young. My mom noticed the ghost disappeared when my youngest sister was born. She thought perhaps that's who my sister was, that one come back...

I shared with Evelyn to tell the ghost he was welcome and to set rules for him. To cohabit the house, and he'd probably be okay with it.

I saw her, in the break room. She was calmer. And I asked gently how the ghost situation was? She smiled and said it was better. I asked what happened? 

She smiled and said she told him he was welcome to stay in 'his house', they respected it. But he was not allowed to wake up the boy, because he needs his sleep. And she set other limits for him.

Then she asked, 'why is it this time of year we see  him more than others?' I explained how the veil thins, the two worlds are closest, at the end of October, and that's why...



I got my exemption. It was worded sternly. It can be taken back any time. But it's permanent. They gave a list of other medicines that were tested or developed with fetal cell lines. But I am grateful, beyond grateful, for a chance to continue my life.

In California, we will need prayers. Just as my mandate was a big exercise in trust in Creator...now mandates affecting all children are being considered. 

It's not good. Fortunately our school district is reasonable. 


That's what Ross and I would like to talk with you about today. Your presence for those who are around you. You are like medicine to them. 

I've watched some disturbing films of pastors and christians being arrested. Some of the Christians are doing the Bevelyn Beatty kind of thing where they are 'in your face' Christians--antagonistic. But also, it raises good points. Look at what is happening in Australia. And also, know what happens to others can happen to us...bystanders are next in the front lines of this spiritual battle between good and evil. 

Strengthen yourself, and recommit to being loving 24/7, 365, to everyone you meet, starting first with yourself.


I was happy. I found two really good, and healing videos, for me which I'll share:




Ross

Carla has the day off. She is very delighted. I am giving her this time to organize and to get her life on track.

Everything happens for the best in our environment. 

A colleague of her confessed he is looking for other work because 'it is too hard to take vacation'.

Carla told him, that working part time, with two weeks in very low positions, makes it impossible for others to want to cover her. So to take vacation, she must give up her one good week to coverage. And then has to live on only one week's worth of work for the month! 

It's crazy. And hearing it coming out of her mouth made Carla realize perhaps in fact SHE should be looking for outside work too. 

She told her colleague about her side job. 

He wasn't interested in the travel. He wants the place closest to his home (Carla's too).

He doesn't understand that positions don't just 'happen'. Or that Carla would want it too. 

Everything happens for the best.

Everything happens for the best!

It's all good.





In fact, you wrote it into your life scripts!



clap! clap!
Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Couple