Sunday, November 14, 2021

What I've Been Doing

 


There's not much time to write. Ross wants me to write and share about 'what I've been doing'. However, the phone will ring any moment to tell me there's more cases for me to do in the O.R.  I'm on call this weekend. I need to water the plants and jump in the shower, then fate will be what it will.

I've been working. Lots and lots. The kind where you come home and there's no way you can cook. 

There was a huge pile of dishes in the sink, because, of course, Anthony was 'too busy to do anything' but apologize, and apologizing at least was a first because he knew it wasn't good. It was so bad the fruit flies returned in vast numbers, and I had to set out double the traps mid-week. 

I was so busy I couldn't cook, but we did meet with friends, old friends, on Taco Tuesday. I also went to a local outlet store, and found some beautiful clothes to wear for some, um, important legal meetings.

Other than that, I've done my best to enjoy work and be present. It felt like the week dragged on, so very long. Many are leaving the Operating Room. Many scrub techs especially. Like five are leaving for better paying jobs closer to home or giving them more freedom.  I had lunch with three of the new anesthesiologists, and they were talking about the small world of anesthesia, and some of the 'crooks' who run the groups and become directors of regions when the 'doc in a box' corporations take over anesthesia services.

I got the one and only bergamot orange in all of Southern California. I made friends with a new garden shop, and have been so delighted. I have white sage, a cactus I've never seen before with beautiful bright orange flowers, a native sage, and a tea tree oil plant. I want my garden to smell good and be productive. It's been a joy. Even my root stock that won't die is making limes, not the best for juice, but they have incredible flavor. 





Here is something which might be of interest to you, Flower Essences. These are made after the Bach method, and differ from aromatherapy. You can ingest it. A few drops in a glass of water is all you need, and you take it once a day until your energy shifts. You can feel it. Somehow I stumbled across the indications in the Flower Essence Guide. I can't find it now. But if you allow intuition to guide you, you will come across the correct ones, by picking and reading for each product the good and the imbalance symptoms for each flower. 


Ross wants me to talk about us.

It's our eight-year anniversary. 

I almost forgot it. Why? Because of the horror of them being able to call you into work and you can't do anything. 

I did sit in the sun in the hammock for an hour yesterday. Ross asked me what was the hardest thing about my week, and about my day. But even then I didn't make the connection to the anniversary.

It wasn't until a friend sent the Dire Straights Song, 'So Far Away From Me' and I listened that I understood. 

Once understood, we were able to celebrate with a date night, and at home, I watched as much YouTube about Sicilian Language as I could. I was happy.  I know I need to hear more of it to be able to speak it. I've studied the language and culture now for about one year. 

Yesterday, I wanted to just be in the garden for a whole day and forget about everything else. 

Instead, I got a poke bowl, and started my Christmas shopping early. I got a calendar for the friend who sent the video, and the checkout lady said, 'NICE!'...and I got a giant Hershey Kiss for Anthony. Finding a place to hide gifts from him isn't easy. Except perhaps under the dishes in the sink or inside the dishwasher lol. He's a good kid, changed his sheets and did his laundry this week. He works hard, especially having to catch up after having been sick. We are both fine. 


Ross says thank you for your answering our call. 

We are going to give you a challenge.

Do the dome meditation over a two hundred mile radius with you in the center. Fill it. It will take his teams to help you with the filling. 

It's also three hundred twenty three kilometers, two hundred miles...




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The Cookies that are sweeter than ever <3