Monday, November 15, 2021

Celebrate The Most Joyous Celebration That Ever Happened!

 

Celebrate.

That's what Ross wants me to do.

To 'celebrate the most wonderful and joyous celebration that ever has been'. I heard this in the kitchen.

I'm post-call.

I was happy because I was able to drive home from the hospital at 0500, having slept, and I checked the rabbit, she's nice and clean. She's a hefty girl, so soft, and I enjoyed a few minutes of petting her and marveled at how unlike cats or dogs, with rabbits even though the fur is flying all over the place as she sheds, my lungs are okay. Totally, totally okay, and not tightening up.

I started my Christmas shopping. The banks and credit cards have offers you click to put on your card, so I saved twenty percent from the website and then ten percent to the limit from my card. I was thankful because this is the last Christmas for a nurse in PACU who buys me gifts every year for ten years, and I've only bought her a gift once. And she's going to retire! So, I was thankful to find just the right gift with these discounts. It's fun.

Our local radio station, KOST 103.5 FM, is switched to holiday music only now. There's lots of ads, too many really, but if you like through the audacy.com thing you can listen to it too.


What I had thought to do, the lesson to share, was the importance of acceptance and letting go when you face hardship.  

The day before yesterday, I was stressed, because I didn't want to start anything, because 'they might call'. 

Yesterday, I had a 'late start'. In the morning I planted shallots and garlic. I got sweaty (it's eighty five degrees here! Very hot sun.) But it felt SO good to 'do what I want'  that is 'good for my family's future'. Last year's crop gave me a year's worth of garlic. I was surprised at how just one day, perhaps thirty minutes work, is an investment for the future like that. I also used the 'homemade bone meal' to feed the bulbs. 

Once at work, I'm psychic. I knew what was going to happen. Even though someone offered to cover for me, their window was twelve to five. And I was already at the hospital for an eleven-thirty case. So I stayed. I did urology, three GI cases, and oddly enough, two of those GI cases went to surgery. It took a lot of planning, but I took the asleep patient down the hall from the GI room to the OR so the patient would have the ability to 'get it all done' with one instead of two anesthetics. It took coordination and timing from both teams and fortunately it worked out. (I breathe for patients who have a breathing tube using a hand held self-inflating ambu bag connected to oxygen.)

I knew what surgeon would add on one case but really three, and that he'd buy us dinner. I just knew.

What I didn't know, and where the acceptance was key, was that the Covid DNR case would refuse surgery in the middle of the night! The whole team was ready, prepared, 'on standby' but the patient apparently had no idea there would be surgery. It was a smart move on their part, and the team was super thankful not to be exposed to risk. We are talking dancing in the hall grateful...


Today I'm on 'standby' mode. I'm sure I will need a nap later in the day. But for today, Sicilian homework to catch up on, did you know it's a college level course I'm taking? I'm intermediate level. And Astrology I'm way behind that too, because Anthony has needed me. 

Then there's the garden! : ))) 



What did Ross give me for our anniversary?

Besides the one and only Bergamot tree in all of Southern California?

On Spirit side, he gave me two precious gifts.

In a Mexican wedding, the couple kneel like this but face each other for a part. The matriarchs of both families take a giant Rosary, and place it over the couple. Have you ever seen it, this ceremony?

Well, I saw Ross take a brilliant cord, and wrap it around my shoulders, and draw me close to him. I like this one, because I feel much closer to him than our regular cord that connect our souls. It's like it's dancing and it's on fire and warm and loving all at the same time. And I feel protected. Divine Masculine protected. 

He also took a large, perhaps apple or pear-sized shining diamond cut like an old mine cut, and placed it in the center of my chest, inside, not like I'm a giant diamond ring or anything, it just went into my chest and disappeared. 

I have total trust and love in Him now, in how he guides me and our small family, and in however things are going to turn out with the world. On some level, because of the connection, the things of the world don't matter so much. 

What did I give him?

He's not an easy one to give gifts to. He literally 'has everything' lol. I mean it. But I gave him my love and gratitude, my undivided attention, my commitment to working with him as a couple, and my happiness and delight over our relationship.  I can't give him 'earthly things' and I am not smart enough to think in advance of 'Spirit things'. So, in all humility, I open my heart and do my best to make it a welcoming place for his Love. Somehow, he says, 'it's the right fit' and 'the right size' gift for him, and he is very pleased with that.

He says if I was to knit him a sweater it would be 'too big for Carla to knit' and the 'color wouldn't be right for him' as Earthly colors aren't as vibrant as the ones back home.  He says this gently and with good humor and a smile.



clap! clap!


Aloha and mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The Couple who are very wise and otherwise joined side by side in friendship and love.



P.S. Schumann resonance looks like it's building!