Thursday, November 25, 2021

Gratitude

 


This morning, before I got out of bed, I remembered what day today is. In my heart I was thankful it was 0600, and not 0400 like I usually awaken. Today, even though I worked hard yesterday and stayed late, and even though tomorrow is booked like crazy, today I have off.

I gave thanks.

I decided to do a life review. I gave thanks for the people who cared for me when I was unable to care for myself...my parents, my sitters, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles...I remembered with fondness our next-door neighbors and neighbors down the block.

I gave thanks for my first friends, for my teachers, for school...for my school friends too. I gave thanks for being a hospital volunteer and later working at Disney. 

I gave thanks for being able to go to Berkeley, and to live there. For all my friends, my family, my boyfriend and future husband I met there.  If I hadn't had my pituitary tumor, that might have been my life for me. But instead, I got sick, had surgery--thankful for those at UCSF giving me not only care but direction with my life. That's how I started to get into medicine. 

I'm thankful for my Uncle Ben, especially, because he had the wonderful land at the desert, and I got to spend time there, riding motorcycles and hiking growing up. One day we climbed Hackberry mountain, me, dad, and Uncle Ben. Dad didn't look so good, I think it was a sneak preview to his eventual lung disease which took his life. I was twenty-one, so Dad was forty-six. Somehow we made it to the top and we saw the little box with the notebook to add your name, and the funny metal spike in the mountain that said the name of it and the elevation.

I was thankful for all the Thanksgivings, on my Dad's side, my mom's side, even the ones I spent with Dad and Uncle Ben at the Desert. 

Today I have lots of cousins, and they have kids, and all are very kind and nice. I know if I was ever alone on a holiday they would welcome me with open arms. 

I'm so thankful for all of my friends over the years. My teachers and mentors in all of my careers.

And I'm so glad Tim sent me to Anne where I learned not only psychic development but Reiki too. It opened up a whole new world. The people I have met through Reiki are incredible souls...which brings me to our blog, and our outreach, and Ross' and my 'star family'. 

I don't think I could make it through these end times without you! I don't say much, but I get a lot of support from our friendships online and I'm thankful for it. Ross is too.

I'm thankful for our friends all over the world, who live in wonderful places, and give me an insight I wouldn't otherwise be able to get from where I live in Southern California.

I'm so very thankful too, for my garden and pets. The pets have been with us a long time. Even now, turtle was making noises at me (we share the office). I kept looking to see if the turtle was making the noises, it sounded like it, and every time I'd turn my head, SILENCE.  I realized turtle wanted to swim. So I got out the little container and put it in the shower and filled it so she could swim. Turtle has been with me since 1992. The bird since 1997. Anthony's snake since 2010. And the rabbit since I don't know, 2014 or 2016?

I give thanks for my child, he's a good kid, and fortunately, gives me the time I need to help get this home in order. I know when we moved garage items into the house to make room for the drums, he said, 'don't pressure yourself to clean all this up! Don't get sad over it!'

I don't get many Thanksgivings. Half I've given up to work because Anthony was with his dad's family...and I wanted Christmas to be with him. They give you a nice free meal from the cafeteria. This year, it was last night's meal to night shift. And then there's a day meal for day shift. Often times the administrators dish up the food for us. It's kind that they do it. As long as you work in a hospital you're never truly alone for any holiday.

Once when I was on call on Thanksgiving, on OB, we had a pot luck. They took the first room in postpartum, and added extra tables for the food. We would fill our plates there and then go to the break room to eat.  A poor new father, sleep-deprived no doubt, had noticed all the staff going into and out of the room. With horror, and curiosity, he took me aside and asked,'what is happening to that patient in that room for all the people to come and go in there like that?'

I smiled and let him know it's Thanksgiving, and it's our pot luck in there, no one was in harms way, except perhaps the turkey!

He sighed a huge smile of relief! He had thought it was Code Blue or something.

Today I am very, very grateful for a place to go. I'm thankful for being home, with my son. I love the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and hope to watch some of it. 

If there's anything else I've forgotten to be thankful for, well, I'll be thankful for that too. Just in case!

Yes, I'm thankful that the little voice inside that told me to make it to Christmas and then reassess with all the Ascension stuff/changes--that Christmas is almost here. It's time to decorate. Which is a good thing. The waiting is moving along! Isn't it?

Ross asked me to write this.

What is he thankful for?

For you, for your being awake at a time when most are asleep, and for your trying, trying, trying and not giving up until you 'get things right'.

This in itself means the world to him.




Together we wish you who celebrate it, a very Happy Thanksgiving!



clap! clap!

aloha and Mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The Couple