Sunday, July 4, 2021

Quiet Thanksgiving

 



It's Independence Day here in the states. It used to be one of my favorite holidays. Now, after years of working on holidays, and having to share Anthony, the holiday has lost a little of its appeal. Really, almost all of the holidays have. 

By contrast, the significance of the holiday, and celebrating it, has impressed me more and more over time. 

Our day off, our liberties, our ability to enjoy our life as we have lived it, was a hard-won, high-priced thing!

My mother grew up in war-torn Sicily. The Germans made the children sing German songs on the playground, instead of Italian or Sicilian ones. Mom got lice and they had to wash her hair with gasoline--burning her scalp terribly--to kill it.

They were always hungry.

But the soldiers, the Americans, once they came?

They gave the children Hershey chocolate bars from their rations. 

Mom thought that English was the most beautiful language in the world! Eventually, because times were so difficult for them as farmers in the Old Country, her family relocated to here, and she met dad, and the rest is history.


Ross and I have been growing closer and closer this week. It's hard to explain, it just is.

Like the Fourth of July, I have increasing love and appreciation for his hard-won, high-priced thing he did to make the world a better place for everyone. 

And I'm grateful that his Divine Masculinity is flowing to me 24/7, a safe refuge, a haven in this crazy world. He is my best friend. And if I wasn't 'past my prime' physically--I wouldn't appreciate his love so much. He doesn't have to love me. But he does and he promises to love me every day, each day more than the next, no matter how I look or how depressed I get. He always wants the best for me. 

That's a really nice gift.

And for me, it was hard-won and very high-priced...taken me so many, many years to understand and 'get' it.

Ross is a good man. He's the opposite of clueless. Sometimes, when our guides/Twins are in another dimension we dismiss them as 'not being with it'...because we are here, right? But that's not true. He totally, totally understands.

He says that is enough for today.

I think so too.

Appreciate whoever it is Divine Creator sends to you! It will always be the right person, at the right time, and when the time is right to move forward to the next one God has waiting for you, you'll know. It was a long, rocky path of spiritual growth for me, and now, I've found where I'm going to stay, for always. 



clap! clap!

Aloha and mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The Beautiful Couple