Tuesday, January 26, 2021

The Medicine Cabinet

 



Last week while I was driving to work, the radio host was talking about a way to increase the value of your home if you are putting it on the market. She said to remove the medicine cabinet. Most new homes don't have one. If you have one in your house, it 'dates' it and people think that there are other things needing to be fixed elsewhere in the home.

My house doesn't have a medicine cabinet.

I actually was sad when they took it out of the old house to sell it. 

I like medicine cabinets.

But then I realized, in lots of TV shows, people who visit other people's homes were always snooping in the medicine cabinet!

People don't want other people to know their secrets, and THAT'S why the medicine cabinet has been phased out. Plus that hotel bathrooms never have them too. 

People are funny. They really are.


My cousin Nettie passed. I had a feeling she did because I saw her sons posting on her FB account. I also was thinking I wonder about the first of our cousins on my dad's side to die? My cousin Susie had married in to the family and died years ago. This was my first of kin. Her brother and sister outlived her.  I spoke with her in meditation yesterday. And also my mom showed up for a little while. 

Nettie and I were close of heart when I was little. At family gatherings, we would always go and talk because the other cousins were very close and didn't seem to enjoy our company. Fortunately we always had each other, and we enjoyed each other's company.

Nettie was my Aunt Annette's youngest daughter. Aunt Annette or Nettie always seemed to draw my name for the Christmas gift exchange. Aunt Annette gave me gifts that opened my horizons--my first roller skates, my first Magic 8 Ball...things like that. And Nettie, she bought me things I enjoyed that were the finest quality--even if I was a nerd in what I wanted--a left-handed calligraphy set, Beethoven's 3rd symphony CD...

That's what I liked most about her, her heart. She was like her mom that way. She'd talk to me about drugs and how easy they were to get. She would go to Mc Donald's and people would walk up to her and try to sell them to her!

She told me she never, ever wanted me to do drugs. She warned me. And I took that to heart.

Drugs, and bad choices, unfortunately got the best of her, like alcohol got the best of her mother. Nettie's home had been chaotic growing up. Her father had thrown her down the stairs and she had broken her nose when she was like twelve. Her dad ended up getting in a bad motorcycle accident and became a quadriplegic. He had caregivers over time, including each of his kids, but he was a tall, big man, and it took lots of physical strength to care for him. Some would live with him, others would come to help in the morning and at night. 

My mom's dad gave me an ultimatum at my wedding to Mark--either Nettie shows up or my grandfather but not both. So I chose my grandfather. I lost touch with her over the years. We spoke a little on FB messaging. And I sat with her at her father's funeral. 

She told me her dad always wanted to be buried in a blue suit, he looked good in blue. But when she went to buy him one, her brother and sister said NO! It's too expensive. And to bury him in his old brown suit. She couldn't understand it. It was his last wish. And she felt helpless not to be able to give it to him.

Her brother said that at the end, even though her dad had hospice, he wanted to be taken to the hospital, but Nettie wouldn't let him and just said to die and laughed at him. So her brother came and took him to the hospital to die. I was shocked, I didn't think Nettie had it in her to be so cruel and cold. She, like her mother, had always been very sweet and nice to me. And when she spoke of how she loved her father, I had felt the love. It totally resonated with my being. I wasn't sure what to think, and I prayed I wouldn't be asked to take sides.

When all was said and done, it was ugly. The brother and sister sued her over the estate. They said that she spent too much of his money when she was living with him. It's entirely possible that this was true. I didn't see any of the finances. My other two cousins offered to sell me the house with an ocean view, for under market value, because it needed huge renovations. I had dreamed of the home, because the back yard was huge and there was a canyon behind it. Richard Nixon's Western White House was right down the street. I was concerned because of the bad luck and bad energy imprints which filled the home. I also was concerned because it would lengthen my commute. But I said no because I was worried Nettie might show up with her sons and want to live there still. I didn't know because I did still always love her, and I didn't understand the drugs and life choices she had made. 

In Heaven, she's good. She's really good. And we are on good terms like before. I am glad for this.




Now I am going to share a little bit of medicine from a friend who works at the grocery store. 

Be kind!

There are people out there who are very rude to the workers. Perhaps they are taking their stress out on the easiest target, I don't know? But when my friend asks, 'would you like to buy some bags, sir?' the person says, 'WHAT DO YOU THINK?!'   

Actually, he has to ask. 

There are lots of people who bring their own bags and bag in the car. 

Some people say things like 'don't put heavy items on my grapes' because they've had them smashed. The people don't ask nicely like, 'while you are at is would you please leave my grapes out so I can put them on top?' with a polite voice. 

They command. They insister. They get nasty and mean.

It's taking its toll on my friend.

That's why at the drive-thru window last night, I made a point to smile and with the worker a good day. 

Be sure to practice this everywhere you go, and also at home with your family. In times of uncertainty--little work, pandemic, scary news on mainstream media, masks--people sometimes forget to offer the one thing that matters most of all. Kindness. And Consideration.

Do unto others as you would have done to you. 

Remember too, Ross reminded me this morning, Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, and give unto God that which is God's. 

Those are words to live by.




Ross

When Carla found out about Nettie, I was proud, very proud of her. I call it 'Loving Without Judgement'. For in her heart, there is a tie, a bond, with this soul...and it can never be severed. She understands the importance of following her heart, and refraining from judgement. 

Everyone will 'have their day in court' so to speak, for the wrongs they have done to themselves and to others.

Actually, in doing to others, since we are One, it truly IS doing to one's self. That is why the Golden Rule is so complete and all-encompassing. 

Weight your heart and your mind as if on a scale, with the heart on one side, and the mind in the other. Do not let it unbalance. But remember, the one which has the most weight, is the side of the heart. The heart always sees true. It never falters. Others may trick and deceive it. But the heart in and of itself, is able to process and interpret the higher frequencies without any of the distortion of the 'Matrix' in which you live. 

How about those 'tomatoes'? (He smiles)


clap! clap!

aloha and mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The Magnificents in Twinship!!!