Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Peace In The Kitchen

 


For about a week now, a transformation has taken place in my heart. I have peace in the kitchen.

It's hard to explain but things that used to stress me out, don't bother me in the kitchen. And like a miracle, I have been able to put together delicious meals with a little more skill, and using all of the ingredients we have on hand, before they go bad. 

The dishes are always piled up, but, I tackle them while listening to the X22 report. And I don't mind. Anthony plays the video games, I can see him, and he says 'he's going to help in a minute'--and I'm not angry with him at all. I understand he's playing something with friends, he can't leave. But when I ask and I know he's available, he will gladly help. 

Yesterday I was surprised because he asked for a leftover for lunch. He adores risotto. I had made a chicken marsala with extra mushrooms, and a risotto, one night and we ate at like eight p.m. it took forever to make. But even without the chicken, he loved the risotto, and we had just enough for one.  I had leftover thai eggplant basil, and was happy too. 

Last night, was a simple yet satisfying winter dinner. I put 3 leeks, half a kabocha squash, all the ginger I had chopped up, and a whole bunch of rainbow Swiss chard, along with Japanese cooking condiments. I let it simmer. This simple stew was absolutely delicious. Full of nutrition too. We had my frozen homemade gyoza as first course (I had frozen them in a little plastic tray, and cooked them last night. And for dessert was poached red pears simmered in mulled red wine. 

I can't begin to tell you the peace I have, with some part of my life working right. I'm so grateful. 

I've had a lot of anxiety lately. So much I couldn't sleep. About the lawsuit. The last day at work my first patient was like a twin for the one who is behind it. I found compassion in my heart, and I forgave the original one for suing me. I was able to sleep again.

Between work and home, and missing my mom, and other things, my anxiety has been off the charts. Last night I didn't sleep so good either. 

I'm distracted by a spider to my right. It's a daddy longlegs. He's in the corner. She? I can't tell with spiders to be honest. But it's moving around in its web. A friend had shared how in Brisbane, Australia, a man saw a HUGE spider, as big as a plate, up in his room and just decided to let it live with him. For a year. It's shocking how big that spider was! But people who weren't afraid and commenting like that in the comments, said, in French, because it was a French friend who posted it--'did it pay you rent?' because it was so big. 

We each come to peace with what we are comfortable with. At our own time. And when we notice and appreciate the peace, it's a blessing.

Time for work.


Ross waves hello. He is always so handsome in his uniform. He says he loves you and blows you kisses too. No matter how busy he is, he always lets us know he cares. He's one of the good ones, isn't he? <3 I'm grateful.



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla