Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Soul Ties and Connections Of The Heart In The Workplace




Good morning! Today's lesson is about smart communication in the workplace, and by extension, outside the workplace too:  in the home, the market, the gym, the restaurant, the gas station, the mechanic, and anywhere else we may go.

We like this graph because it shows our interconnectedness. For with every 'thing' pictured in this flower graph, we know there is at least one person, possibly more, especially if you include the supplier, associated with this thing. For example, with eyeglasses, you have an eye doctor, then a technician to measures your frame and orders the prescription, and the lab who actually makes the glasses, plus the suppliers for both the lenses and the frames.

Yesterday we experienced a phenomenal case of communication that was handled with grace and ease by a neuromonitoring technician.



It was a long spine case. And the minute the patient was in position, the surgeon decided to use a second technique, the kind that needs protection for the mouth and I couldn't put that protection in while the patient was prone. 

The neuro tech said, plainly, to me, he never asked for that, it wasn't in the consent, this is HIS mistake!

The whole room knew he was right. The surgeon had raised the level by one, necessitating the change. 

It was uncomfortable with me and the surgeon. I told him the facts. Standard of care is two gauze rolls between the molars on each side. Big ones. I might be able to sneak in a plastic oral airway which is better than nothing, but not much.

I prayed as I put that thing in. I prayed out loud to Jesus so I wouldn't hurt this patient as I put that oral airway in by feel. The neck had been fused, there wasn't anything to lift. It was solid. 

At least it went in. The surgeon was adamant that we save time and the patient doesn't get flipped on their back.

He asked me questions about why I can't put it in properly. I said I have to see it. I have to see the teeth and feel with my finger that the tongue isn't anywhere near the teeth, that it's safe. He asked me 'don't you have a mirror?' I pointed to the head rest, it was foam, and beneath it was blankets. I didn't have the mirrored one. 

He authorized for us to flip. So the gurney was brought in, we turned the patient on their back, I did what I have to do, it was less than five minutes total before the patient was in the prone position again.

To account for a sway back, the patient was placed in a pretty steep head down position. The head is on a foam pillow. This is my least favorite position because there can be swelling in the face, there's more weight on it.

Surgery went well. 

Upon flipping the patient supine, we discovered the patient had bit their lip, not all the way through (I've seen that too before). But the tongue was okay. Everyone in the room knew that tongue lacerations bring lawsuits. Lip ones heal very quickly, and are not as serious. 

This is how it is in medicine, people will push you to cut corners, but once there is a ramification, they blame it all on you. It's your fault. They don't own up to the pushing you part.

The smart communication was for the neuro tech. The nurse made him write an apology to the surgeon on the back of the little card that holds the tie for the gown. We have lots of those and use them for reminders and notes. 

He did.

He understood that there's two parts in a miscommunication, and he owned up to his part. 

In the future, we will put the bite blocks into every patient at the beginning, no matter what.




We are part of a team. We are also trained, more awake-aware in that we are also healers.

Healers heal. Healers heal everything and everyone.

Yesterday, during this case, Raphael came to assist me. And he showed me how Reiki energy is like water in the Spirit world. It flows just like water. Even though here it's like light beams in pictures because we can't see it. And he helped me with the patient and I practiced feeling the 'water' flow. 

He also gave me little 'flower seeds' to place inside the energy system of my patient, to allow them to grow into beautiful orbs of light--blessings really--which would help the patient and everyone near them in the future. 

In Reiki we know a little more than those who have not yet studied the concepts of healing energy. We also are here on earth, not to band together and keep this energy to ourselves. We are placed in the world everywhere! Because the world is 'thirsty' for the 'water' we have to give them. We are older souls, we signed up for this, to guide the younger ones Home. 

In this there is an added responsibility. Sometimes it can be lonely. But it is good and right, and we see people now, through our presence and our actions, keeping their cool during conflict when in the past perhaps anger and blowing up would have taken place.




Raphael

I don't like to speak.

I am not much of a talker.

I like doing.  I like helping.  I enjoy restoring balance where there is none. 

Astrologically you might say I have the tendencies/personality of a Libra. I like everything to be fair, to be on an even playing field, and for health to be ubiquitous in all corners of the earth. And in the galaxy!

Carla calls on me only when there is trouble. She calls on Ross and calls on me when a patient is in her care and things are getting difficult. There are many things she can manage through her rigorous training. But some things are pushing the limit, if you know what I am implying. That is how skill levels grow.

Carla has first and foremost, patient safety. This is a common ground, a unifying force in medicine. Everyone at the hospital understands it, and when push comes to shove this is the argument that cannot be argued against. Patient comes first. Even though for you who have been patients, sometimes for the little things it may not seem like it. There is a lot of patience which is required of you. But for the big things, everyone will stick their head out and make sure your best interest is put first every time. Of course there might be a needle poke, which isn't fun, but in the big picture, the constellation of everything that is needed to go with your patient care, patient needs come first.

Carla didn't eat lunch yesterday. She didn't complain. And yes, she had a piece of cornbread from her lunch in her bag, but didn't dare to eat it. From six in the morning until three in the afternoon she only had one glass of water because patient care required it. 

Many people in the hospital are thirsty and hungry while they are taking care of you. Many have a full bladder and fight the urge to pee because of all the work that is required of them. Here is an example of a long term care worker experience.

Remember YOU are in a position while you are a patient to put the healing on the team. To have patience, compassion, not to suffer--be sure to speak up--but to have realistic expectations of the nursing staff and the facility. This is a huge step in everyone walking forward towards Ascension.

Carla is also helping her friend who is dying, and he doesn't realize yet that this is the end. She is talking with him normally, and with respect. He communicates by text. Carla is managing his pain medications for him, as this is his request of her and her expertise. She has studied and found for him the patches. Carla is asking me for help all the time in how to approach her friend. And of course, when called I always answer and provide help. You won't hear it, but you will know it in your heart what is the right thing to do.

Ross is well. He stepped back for today to allow me to speak.

Everything happens for the best.

I want you to remember this.




clap! clap!  (Raphael doesn't enjoy that part very much, he doesn't like to call attention to himself)


Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla and Raphael.