Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Fill Your Cup




Many of us here in the states are familiar with the concept of taking a 'mental health day'. When the pressure is on, and you are struggling, it is okay to call in sick and go do something you enjoy. The philosophy behind this concept is, you take one day before you get yourself so run down and sick that you can't come to work for several days...or even worse, you come in to work and get your whole office sick!

It is also very typical for people to take a day off to go skiing in the winter. Our local mountain resorts are perhaps a few hours drive away. So younger people will call in sick for this. It's not exactly a mental health day, but it's enjoying life.

Let us extend this concept to those of us who are actively working together in partnership with Spirit.

Some days, when you are living life with your guides, and Spirit, it's almost like you wonder who is driving the boat.

On Monday I did.  I woke up and by the time I went to bed the day didn't play out anything at all like I had anticipated. Usually it's for the good.

We have permission to tell our guides and Spirit to BACK OFF.  They never get their feelings hurt, and actually, they like it when you are saucy to them and set a boundary to fulfill your needs. My teacher Anne would do it when she had important projects to complete--her website, or financial things. She would tell them she needed time for a few hours, and to wait until she was available and THEN she would be able to interact with them again.

This is an important part of knowing yourself.

For me, I love routine. I adore 'to do' lists and checking off items as I go through my day.
Monday was nice, but Wednesday I have commitments, Thursday I work, and I wanted to get things done!!

So I told Ross and my teams, gently and with humor, to Back the heck OFF and let me run through my day to get things I needed to get done, done. And I did. I mailed two packages.  I got car A smog checked, but it needed to be driven more, so I picked up Anthony and we went for a short drive by the ocean. We got gas. And we went to a coin car wash and had fun spraying each other with the hose as much as we sprayed the car! We also got the little tree to make the car smell good. I checked with my mechanic, and he said to just drive it through a normal driving cycle for the monitors to clear.

Then I dropped Anthony off, got car B, and got its smog check (every two years or so you need it). Then I got it washed. We are going somewhere today with one of Anthony's school friends, and I wanted the nice vacuum inside to everything would look nice.

I also did lots of housework yesterday morning. I spent twenty-five minutes cleaning the office, I cleaned my bathroom (lots of stuff piled on the counter, everything piles up), and I dusted. I dusted everything I could reach upstairs, and with Anthony's help later in the day we dusted the tall (him) and short (me) items.

I would love to spend time in the garden but I barely had time for lunch. I have been mixing protein powder Spirutein with a glass of milk. It's my 'I'm in a hurry nutrition' I've done since I was in medical school.

Today is a big day, I need to wake up Anthony. Feed the pets. And get ready to go.

Ross is smiling. Your guides will love it if once in a while you surprise them and tease them or boss them around. Especially Ross. He's not used to it and he loves it every time. He has the best sense of humor!



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twins