Friday, October 4, 2019

As We Progress...




As we learn in our Life Lessons on our Earth School, as souls, it is important to appreciate the blessings which we are given...for the time to truly experience the joy of being alive.

Yesterday work was fast and furious, a good day, but without time for maintaining one's sense of well-being. Fortunately I was able to go home at an earlier time. The whole reason I got into anesthesia as a career in the first place was that you would start early but then finish around two p.m. on most days.  It was a nice lifestyle.

I came home, and yes, I had an errand. The snake hadn't eaten in three weeks. There was a delivery of food for him expected at the pet shop. We had stretched it out a whole extra week. So I got him food, he was hungry, and he ate well. Usually once a week is enough for him.

Yes, the dishwasher needed to be unloaded. Yes, there were chores around the house. But it was the last sunny day, our summers stretch out into October here, so I put on my bathing suit and went into the back yard.

The pool was clear but only seventy degrees (20C). Anthony bet me five dollars just to jump in, but I didn't want to shock my system. I went into the hammock and enjoyed the sun, almost dozing off, for perhaps one hour. Then I watered the plants. Anthony has a new catcher's mitt. So we went to the park to play catch.

I realize that time passes quickly. When your boy wants to play catch, it's a gift. So you play catch.  Sometimes I get hurt because he throws so hard. I had a ball hit me on the side of the knee. I don't understand why he throws so hard. He doesn't mean it. He has an arm, you know? But most of the time, I got to pitch. There's a windup and a delivery, you move your whole body in a sequence and as you fall onto your landing leg you whip your arm. That's where the speed comes from. I can't throw hard. But I can aim. The fresh air, the sunshine, the being in my yoga pants and a tee shirt and not caring how I look...it is restorative. It really is.

What was nice was when we came home, dinner was ready in the oven. I baked chicken breasts, with lemon, and also, a whole lot of very small yams. All I had to do was steam some broccoli, and we were set to eat. I made a small appetizer plate of crackers and mozzarella cubes and fresh cherry tomatoes from the back yard. As the broccoli was steaming we ate that, and watched Anthony's football game. He likes the Seahawks.

I see clearly that he won't want to or be able to spend time with me like that as he gets older. One day I'll be making dinner alone, enjoying my hobbies alone, that sort of thing. It goes by quickly. A friend just went on vacation with the family, but the oldest went on a separate vacation with their significant other. It was poignant how life changes. The oldest is very much loved, and loves the family, it's just that this is the way it is, they vacation separately now. I watch and I learn, so I realize my special times are special here and now, and I make a point to enjoy them. In life there are no guarantees.

Every day is a gift. And every 'recess'--time to play between the lessons--is like the icing on the cake.  I can't tell you how wonderful the afternoon breezes from the ocean and sunshine felt on my skin. I can't tell you how nice it was to forget where I was and all my things I have to do for an hour. I can't tell you the joy I had to discover a new baby pepper and how happy our newly transplanted cabbage baby plants are. And the strawberries too. I'm glad I was able to see that the citrus look a little curled in the leaves. I can take them to the garden store to be diagnosed. I saw yellow, I worried a little. I spoke with the trees and I told them from my heart that I will do my very best to take care of them.

Our neighbors are wonderful. We saw the one who sold us this house, their family is like family to us. He used to play baseball. He borrowed my mitt and played a little catch with Anthony in his driveway. I saw Diego the boxer we got to dog-sit. He's so sweet.

Life is good.

Appreciate all you can appreciate while you can still appreciate it.

Lessons have a way of distorting our natural sensibilities and equilibrium. Don't be afraid to pause and let your equilibrium settle back.




Ross

Carla is resilient. You should have heard what she said to the trickster who swindled her on the gwindel. Anthony was wise and told her to look the crystal up on google images. She found it for sale on another website. The weight of the crystal itself was more than the seller said the entire package weighed! She let him have it! How can the crystal, and the box, and the stand and the packing materials suddenly weigh together less than the crystal?

And she dismissed him and put him into my hands. She called me by my real name, of course, not our nickname Ross our friends and family call me. Then she moved on. Carla knows that her credit card company is giving a temporary refund. She also knows that the selling platform, eBay, has a guarantee to protect its buyers. On Monday things will settle out. And if they don't work out in her favor, she can chalk it up to 'experience' which is something everyone has to do from time to time.

She still longs for her crystal.  There is an ache and a void for her, she doesn't like some crystals to be in the wrong hands. There are times she has bought up the larimar just to keep it safe and in her gentle care. A lot of people like to work with crystals...but Carla can sense that they don't know how to do it, and they stress the crystals out. It's work work work and only a little bath once a month to cleanse them. It's similar to how some people have dogs. Is the dog there for you? For many people it is. But for the Ascended pet owner, they are there for their pet. To make a good home for them and give them a good life. It is much along the lines of this.

Carla has stones from Oeshinsee. I sent her many a heart-shaped stone just so she would know I am thinking of her, and her pockets were full. It's not a beautiful crystal from the altitude and snow, but it's close enough. With the water and the stones she has anchored into the energies of the earth, it's like one puzzle piece is in the right place for her, and gently, slowly she continues on with her healing work.

Also, we'd like to post it here, but we didn't because we don't have the permission of the coworkers/nurses. But her work has a set up with small portable healing massage devices, one for the neck, another for the feet (you must wear booties like in surgery to prevent infection), and two for the back.  On Thursdays the administrators bring them out. They call it the spa day for the afternoon. Carla put out some aromatherapy. You don't need a diffuser. Just put a few drops in a cup of hot water and the room will smell wonderful. She did helichrysum and rose. Everyone loved it. And two nurses asked her for Reiki which she happily gave.

Our healing centers are just in the little buds. And in time, they will nurture and grow. She also has an invitation to participate in a larger activity which has both of us very excited and jubilant to be given this opportunity to increase our healing work's awareness.

Now it is time soon for Anthony to wake up.

It is a long day for them both, and Carla needs to make breakfast.




Clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twins  (he blows on the ends of his fingers and puts them in invisible holsters on each side of his belt as if he's playing cowboys...I love that man so very much, and truly I am never bored when I am with him.)