Monday, March 11, 2019

Less is More



Lots has happened since I last wrote, including first call and a backup call, both days I worked. Today I work also. It's a good thing, since our life is in transition at the moment for me to work.

I only want to focus on one area of lesson:

  • there have been many annoyances regarding this move. The most painful and disturbing is the battery. When I have my car loaded up at the old house and I'm ready to go, it won't start. I had it jumped last time. I've used up my freebies with AAA, so I did the car's roadside assistance. On Thursday during work hours it was fine. On Sunday, it didn't. Fortunately I was in my old garage, my backup car was next to us, so we left the station wagon loaded and put only the essentials into the other car. 
  • I got into a mini pity party on being incarnate. Everything you want to do that's good has like a 'catch' to it. Some stupid lame lesson that's totally a pain in the butt. I recall the first time it happened I was at the pediatricians office as a tot. I saw a poster of a beautiful pill that was pink and shaped like a triangle and you could chew it. I asked for one, and the doctor smiled and gave it. But then he had a shot behind his back, hidden, and said since I got the pill I wanted now I have to get the shot. It was horrid, a trick!
  • What I realized after sleeping on it this morning, is, 'it's just a battery'. Batteries have a lifespan. I've been pushing mine with a short move, lots of driving back and forth, lots of opening the hatch. And batteries can be fixed. YES it's inconvenient. But what about all of the other times the car has been dependable? Right? It's easy for us to get that negative 'slant' on things and get depressed. It just IS. And IT in this situation, for me, is a car battery.
The only other thing is that I wanted to cook us dinner in our new home. Our lunch had been warmed up pizza in the new oven (it works nice) and salad (I had forgotten bowls and forks. I made it in a pot). When it was time for the salad, after the pizza, I got interrupted with a call to go in to work. Soon, the first call was able to make it so I didn't have to. So long story short, we put the salad in the fridge, and I made our first coffee and we didn't even have milk for it. We had sugar and also delicious Italian cookies from Stella D'Oro (breakfast treats). It was nice. 

Ross had wanted me to go to the all you can eat sushi place all day. On Friday I had been craving a poke bowl. I'll be honest, I haven't been eating right to save money. On Saturday I had takeout (I'm so sick of it) bagel and coffee, then a second breakfast at the cafeteria, a teriyaki bowl for lunch, and fake chicken and vegetables and soup for dinner. On Sunday, my breakfast was a free donut someone else brought in, and a coffee. 

This all you can eat place is totally expensive. It's twenty five dollars a person. Cringe...lol.

But after the battery, I decided to go. Anthony was very happy. I had an Asahi beer. Ross said to pay with cash and not to think about it. (Our Costco reward money came back right at the close of escrow, and we have been living off it--with the tip, we paid eighty dollars--but it was nice not to have it go on the credit card--eeek! lol)...

Our bunny is now officially in our new home. She will need to go into the garage at night because of the coyotes. I cleaned her up and her cage and her little 'run' at the old house. Anthony thinks she stinks. In my opinion, before I cleaned her she had a worse odor, so now she stinks less...lol. I bought her a pink leash and we are going to walk her at the nearby park too. It will be fun. 

Time for work.

I hope it's a short day.

Every day you work you win though. Remember that. My mentor taught it to me.

As an aside, Aunt Ellie passed on the 9th. Her 88th birthday was on March 8th (same day as my grandma Lucille!).  She was very influential in my own spiritual life through medical school, and her support and kindness helped me so very much.

She died of Alzheimers, a terrible disease which I think everyone who dies of it is a victim of some horrendous scheme....it just doesn't seem natural for people to die like that. It's so sad.

Her Spirit came through on Saturday night. She told me she always knew. She knew I was 'someone special' and she 'needed to take good care of me'. So crossing over wasn't as big of a surprise for her as for some of my other family members, who say, after the fact, 'why didn't you TELL me?!'

It's all good.

I feel her now. Ellies love is unmistakable.



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twins


Ross says, 'I resemble those statements!'  He's so busy I can barely hear him. I don't know what he's up to. As a 'military wife equivalent in Galactic terms' I've grown accustomed to his workload...and just wait patiently for his time he can be with me.