Friday, March 29, 2019

Hanama Bay


Today we speak in allegory. Ross taught exclusively by telling stories in which 'a little more can be read'.

Let's begin.

I love to snorkel. It is absolutely, positively my most favorite thing on earth to do. And in the photo above, as shown by the title, is Hanama Bay, a very famous location on the Hawaiian Island of Oahu where people go to snorkel. 

Hanama Bay is so popular that the people who run it decided to close it on Tuesdays to give the fish a day off. 

No one can snorkel on Tuesdays.

But on a snorkeling day, you drive early early, almost at the crack of dawn, to find a parking space. Then you stand in line, pay your fee (I rented equipment) and watch a movie on water safety and how-to's. It's mandatory to watch it before you can go down the hill.

As always, there is a little truck which will let you ride both up and down the hill, which is very steep, so you can give them a little money.  I chose to keep mine when I went in 2004, April. I was there on the island alone for a conference. Every other trip to Hawaii I had ever had was with an ex-husband, and although they had been to different islands (Kauai and Maui)--or even with my baby sister (1996 to Big Island of Hawaii)--every trip had been unhappy, a disaster, with us hardly speaking to one another on the way home. I was intent on breaking my curse, and so far, Oahu had been pleasant...

In the water I was amazed, intrigued and happy. For the first part, for safety, I asked an elderly Swedish couple if I could please swim and snorkel near them so if I needed help I would still have the 'buddy system'. They kindly agreed. I wasn't next to them, but within earshot. 

As the day wore on so did my courage!

Soon I was snorkeling the whole length of the beach, and following the fish.

I was distracted from my fish-gazing by noise on a loudspeaker.  It wouldn't stop so I looked up. When I looked up I realized they were talking to me!

'Please get away from the buoys' the lifeguard said to me way the heck out in the middle of the bay, which was shallow. I could touch and I didn't see a problem.

I moved a little.

After a short time the loudspeaker came on again! I had moved, hadn't I? How could I have gone back? I didn't know.

So I changed where I saw swimming altogether to avoid the loudspeaker. 

I had an awesome day, and I think I might have bought a ticket for a ride up, but also, I might have not...

Fast forward to today.

I understand!

In any bay, there is need for the water to return to the ocean. In Hawaii, the currents are different from back home. In Southern California, the currents will pull you along the length of the shore. You need to keep checking for your towel or umbrella and correct as you enjoy the ocean. Otherwise you might drift far away and not be able to find where you left your towel on the sand (and your lunch!)...

In Southern California we also have rip currents, which will suck you back out to sea faster than you can blink and also faster than you can swim against it. They will exhaust out behind the surf, and you can easily escape them by swimming parallel to the shore. They are narrow, only a few feet wide. You can read the ocean and guess where they are--have a good idea. I've always been careful and never gotten sucked up into one. Anthony has and he says it's not a big deal. He knew what was happening, a teacher was there (yes they have P.E. class at the Beach sometimes, at least they used to)...

In Hawaii, especially Hanama Bay, it is the center of the bay which feeds a very strong current of water that goes straight out to the ocean. The open ocean! It is way stronger than a rip tide. And more dangerous.

Unknowingly, I had almost gotten stuck into it.

The lifeguard warned me, not once but twice. And the funny reason I ended up back in the area so soon after moving was because of the current I didn't realize I was in.

The lifeguards protected me in my state of unknowing. 

They didn't bother to explain, or to teach (after all I'd seen the film but hadn't really paid attention). Many people drown in that bay every year, usually people with poor conditioning or can't swim.

Why even the day I went an ambulance was on the sand and they were doing CPR on some old gentleman or lady, I wasn't sure why and since I wasn't at work I didn't really want to know.

The system works. It totally does. Whether you have any inkling of how it is working or not. It's almost like autopilot.






Ross showed me Ashtar yesterday. The last time I'd seen him was a couple weeks ago, I saw him remotely and he was very busy over some table and there was a lot of super high tech stuff going on live. Ashtar had no clue I was there. (usually he's pleasant and cheerful and greets me).

Yesterday Ashtar had complete and total concentration, like he was about to win a poker championship. He was not moving. He was seated and looking at something high tech in front of him. He knew every strategy, every angle, and had his steps all figured out along with every possible contingency. His energy was good, I felt it. And again, he had no clue Ross or I was there watching him. 

Ross told me that Ashtar is the very best at what he does. The best man for the job. 

I saw it with my own eyes...



By the way, our countdown is at eighty.

<3




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twins