Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Usual




It's cold.

There's a lesson from the Runes about Winter. It's called 'Isa', and it means 'standstill'.  The lesson is that even through everything is frozen over, important things under the surface are taking place. And These things are going to bring us closer to Springtime, the thaw, and all the warmth of summer again.

One of the lessons sent through a new Reiki symbol (I get new ones every day) is to pay attention to This Now Moment and to appreciate it.

It's sort of like with parenthood, it's never the same, your child is always growing and it's easy to lose track of just how special it is to be a parent, and even though it's a long responsibility your child won't always be living at home with you. So enjoy it. (no jokes please about stuff where kids stay forever...please!)

So what did I do to enjoy my now?

I packaged all the bracelets to ship. I have a huge Trader Joe's bag full of the bright envelopes. I'll take them to work with me, and if there's a gap I will go to the local post office to send them.  I really enjoyed sharing these gifts in honor of Ross. We have some bracelets left, in six inch size, six of them, in seven inch size, I think three, in seven and one half, one and six and one half I forget.

I also apologize to the eight inch wrist orders. What I had thought was eight inches on my bead board I saw the small print and it's actually seven and three quarters. I won't let that happen in the future. I'm sorry.

I also made a nice butternut squash soup. The other day a can of chicken broth practically flew out of the cupboard (Ross? A hint?).  It was just one onion, one butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes, and the broth. I added a little half and half at the end and used an immersion blender. Anthony was skeptical but on eating it said, 'it's pretty good mom!'

In times of massive change, every little bit of 'normal' is a plus! I wish every night could be this calm and peaceful. I wish that every night I could be home enjoying my family.

I did complain a little and get frustrated in the kitchen because my boss sent texts and was calling last night to coordinate today. I was like, 'doesn't he know I have to cook?!' I am probably the most passive out of all the colleagues when it comes to jockeying to get the highest paid room for the day. I typically pick people I am happy to work with. I had chosen a nice lady hand surgeon at the surgery center. But at the last minute my boss said, 'I had to change and you will do better with the room' (more billing units). I was like, 'okay'.

What can I do?

At the surgery center at least I get food and even though the pace is faster the teams are more relaxed, calm and professional. It's like shopping at Nordstrom when you've been at Target all day.

If you have requested a bracelet from me, outside of the Ross thing, don't worry. I also have placed the one shield (actually a pair of them) on January 2 and haven't sent you the certificate yet. They are coming. I had to order beads for a teacher's bracelet. They arrived yesterday.

When I get a chance I'll put everything up online so you can keep track of the progress. And when I'm doing work--creating or packaging or going to the post office--I'll create the equivalent of a 'HOT' light at the donut shop to let you know things are moving ahead.

The last thing I'll mention--quickly and in passing--is what kind of currency does Gaia use?

I want you to think about it.

It isn't dollars.

It's love.

And when people realize this, the darkness will go away.

When I was on call on Friday night, I didn't eat dinner. It was eight o'clock and I was going in with my last case. The young volunteer turned scheduler turned patient care assistant Vince sees my uneaten lunch in the fridge. He wants to be a doctor. He doesn't have money yet, he's a student too. But he put HIS package of Nature Valley crunchy granola bars in my pocket and told me 'you have to eat'.

To be honest I was so exhausted I was beyond eating, my blood sugar was too low, and I was in trouble.

This is the currency of Gaia.

On checking in to the hotel, my friend checked me in. She has aldosterone problems. We talk. I said, 'oh my gosh you must be so tired all the time!' and that look she gave me was priceless, it was the 'wow you GET it!' look of being understood. I love it when my patients give me that look.

She also wanted to know about my 'other side' as a healer. I hadn't shared it to her until then. That I'm a total healer--a psychic, medium, medical intuitive, animal communicator, and more--plus what I do for my 'day job'! She was very happy to learn this and asked for the website. I forgot to tell her about FB too! Oh well...

She knows I forget to pack my toothbrush, and gives me extra toiletry samples the hotel lets her give along with my little gift bag because I stay at hotels in their brand so much. She also comped me one cold drink. I chose a San Pellegrino water. I'm always a little dehydrated at the end of a long day.

I gave her my first Ross birthday bracelet with the Peace Jade, right off my arm, and I didn't think about it. Usually I wear the first one, of my designs, and I keep it. By the look on her face you would have thought I had given her a million dollars! I know money is tight for her. We talk. It totally made her smile and feel supported and appreciated all at the same time.

This exchange is the currency of Gaia.

It's tax-free. It's not exactly traceable. It totally evades the current 'system'.  You'd be surprised at how few people ask for a free bracelet because they think there's a catch. They also think that to receive they must take turns, and let someone else receive. Or perhaps that a donation is required.

It's not.

What we have, we share.

You ask, and we give.

If you want more, we can give more--and our fees are reasonable for our services and custom designs.

If you want to fund projects for others, that's cool, either through Reikidoc@cox.net on PayPal, or if you want to do snail mail, message me in an email and I'll tell you how.

We enjoy breaking the status quo. We know who the dollar glorifies. And it's not Divine Creator of All That Is. We know at the moment it's how we all eat and find shelter and survive.

Develop the skills at the barter, Ross says.

And look for the needs to be filled, just like Vince did.

Now it's time to start our day! I love to wake up the household and start making breakfast. It's the only continuity we get around here!!  The rabbit does not like the rain. I'm extra kind to her. And everyone else is doing wonderful, thanks be to Heaven!



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twins