Thursday, December 12, 2019

A Very Brief Update

All is well.

Work is busy.

Being a mom is busy too. I left work early yesterday to staff the snack bar at the basketball tournament from four to six yesterday.  That kind of busy.

I made teriyaki chicken with rice and vegetables yesterday for dinner. From scratch. Teri means shining and yaki means cooked.  The sauce is one quarter cup mirin, one quarter cup soy sauce, one quarter cup sake, and two tablespoons of sugar. I grated a little ginger and added it in to give it a little more 'pop'. But not a lot of ginger. I also boiled ginger slices and the rest of the yuzu cut up to make tea.  The trick is to take the chicken thighs and poke them a lot with a fork to prick them all over. That way they take in the sauce. I cooked them in a Gotham steel non-stick pan (I caved. Cleaning the eggs in the regular pan was awful!). Just tilt the pan and keep spooning the sauce over the chicken and turn it a lot. When it's done, put it on a cutting board and slice the chicken thin. It was a big hit.

There are two possible explanations for https://gaiaportal.wordpress.com/2019/12/11/uncommon-partnerships-are-entered/.

One is the one to share with you. Quietly, Ross and I offer grief healing bracelets (He wants to re-name them Possible Transition Bracelets) for free to anyone with metastatic cancer or their loved ones who have been left behind.  I brought one to PACU and Maggie wasn't there. Cindy answered the phone and said she would make sure Maggie gets it. Well, when I explained to Cindy what I had done, she was deeply moved. And she is an Infusion Center nurse (gives chemotherapy). She knows of four women who have advanced disease, and she is looking to change jobs but won't leave until these four have made the transition. It will be a while, and Cindy wants to be there for them.

I explained that each bracelet costs about twenty dollars in materials, and that our donors fund it so it's free of charge.

My jaw dropped at what happened next. She took out her checkbook and wrote me a check for one hundred dollars for the cause!!!  That night, I made the four she requested, and also, an extra one in her size for her. She says she will give it to the one who needs it because that's how they work. She is so right on as a nurse in that job! It is a fantastic idea. To share the bracelets that help.

The stone is angelite. It's a light blue, opaque. It helps the energies at the border between both worlds. Loved ones can hear messages from the deceased easier. The dying are able to make the most of the time they have left, and prepare in the smoothest of possible ways. I stumbled across it, but in talking, Brandon of the local crystal shop says that's the one he gives away the most, for the same purpose. It really works. You can buy angelite anywhere and it will help. If you or a loved one would like one to help you as you face your Possible Transition, Ross and I want you to know that we and our community are here for you. He says we will make different forms of it, not just the one bracelet we designed.

Ross says that is enough for today. Carla has a big case.

And I do.

Pray for me.

Thank you.




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Family