Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Reprieve



Yesterday I had a day off. And something incredible happened. I'm not even sure how it did, really, because my plan was for other things...I cleaned up the extra items in my bathroom and closet area that had been on the floor since March when we moved in. The main countertop is organized too. I hung the sweater and shoe things in the closet, and put the items away in them, they are like, bins made of soft cloth that unfold and hang. I even have one for purses. I had bought them in summer, but never had a chance to put any of them to use. My old metal divider/spacers for the shelves actually fit (I had thought they didn't), so my scrubs and jeans are 'in their own place'.  That's what's been helping me, saying that over and over, 'there's a place for everything and everything in its place'.

The serenity it gives me to see something visually free of clutter is astounding.  I even have a small 'bucket' bigger than an emesis basin, on the floor outside the room with the toilet, and I have my flip-flop 'toilet shoes' in them like they do in Japan!

Something yesterday happened too, just out of the blue, a new awareness. While I was pumping gas and texting Anthony to let him know I was near our house, I realized that all of the voice recognition data like for Siri and Alexa and all, isn't just for our convenience alone. The more we are talking to it, the better the voice recognition in a database to be able to LISTEN to our conversations too. Here is something along the same lines I had read about the aging of the facial recognition:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolemartin1/2019/01/17/was-the-facebook-10-year-challenge-a-way-to-mine-data-for-facial-recognition-ai/?fbclid=IwAR3AXx1YXeErrjswEcWn0Ka7fX9JwX90o1mMrh4QMurW8DQZFfbjsecd9nQ#67a099745859

The point isn't so much what is right, and what is wrong, or for fear, but the point in sharing this is that out of the blue, because of your spiritual work you have done, the Veil is going to tear open in little places all of a sudden, and you will understand things that are hidden without having to read about it or have someone tell you. You will just KNOW.

I almost titled this 'call a friend' because I got to spend a little time with some friends last night. It's a little awkward leaving Anthony at dinner time. I kept it short and was home in time to help him with his math. There's a big test for him today in algebra two.  Friends are good, and it's important to have people other than family you can count on. Invest in friendships. Whether online or in person. It brings joy and also, support and all the things that society kind of doesn't want you to have. It's funny because one of the friends has severe allergy to shrimp and crab and lobster. We had sushi/Japanese. But there's a way to avoid those things and still be content! It was the birthday of one. I am not much of a shopper. I had a bracelet I had made, and boxed it. Spirit told me to wrap it. She noticed the bee on the wrapping paper. She was delighted with the bracelet, too. I was surprised these educated women were open to Reiki (she had a practitioner working on her horse back home in Colorado who was acupuncture, chiropractic, Reiki...and something else I forget). I gave a Winter bracelet with the explanations to each of the three women there. They loved it! These are scientists, PhD's who argue for vaccines and the status quo because they read a lot. This form of outreach helps to spread the word of Reiki, and healing, in so many ways.  When I came home, she had brought a gift from Colorado for me. It was a teacup and strainer and lid, with a bee design on it! And two boxes of loose tea. Spirit works every time!

Not to depress you, but I had a saying I came up with when I had my neurosurgery on my pituitary in 1990--'there's things that pertain to Life, Death, and Forever....and everything else. I'm not interested in the everything else.'  This article here is actually an excellent talking point. You might want to share it with people who you can talk about these things with, like I'm sharing with you.
https://www.inc.com/matthew-jones/20-brutal-truths-about-life-no-one-wants-to-admit.html?fbclid=IwAR3VUl_GtwKE6OyimVDDZtSvnFn-CJcVsFomCffsBpJsm6qw835r9hMAZ80

It's freeing when it's out in the open, isn't it?

Ross wants me to share one last thing. While I was cleaning, I came across my Reichle hiking boots I had bought thirty years ago. They are in excellent condition, just as nice as the day I bought them. The leather is in top form. And they still fit!! I saw the sales slip inside it. I had bought these shoes for the snow trip I took to Yosemite, before my brain surgery. Mark and I stayed at the Aspen cabin, the top on the right if you face it, at the Yosemite Lodge. It was one of the happiest times I've ever had, anywhere.

The boots are Swiss made.

What an adventure it has been! The surgery, the going to medical school, the marriages, the divorces, motherhood, learning Reiki, going online and making a blog when I had no idea what Spirit wanted me to do with it, maturing as a teacher, and actually going to Switzerland two times! I love Switzerland.  What I 'picked up' when I tried on the shoes, and they still fit, is that Spirit knew this the whole time, Spirit knew all along, that I, the poor teacher's daughter from North Long Beach, would see the world, and make friends, and reconnect with my Star Family across the globe.  I had no idea, no clue, at the moment I bought those shoes. But Spirit did.

I felt like I've come full circle. I was excited and glad and am looking forward to more hiking with those shoes! I love hiking!

When Anthony's knee is better. He is in less pain, but he limps. It took all morning to get an appointment, that's in network, and actually, it's a third friend who does hand surgery who is going to see him. I was shocked to see that some docs I know have changed groups...I looked up their old group and their faces were not there!  He needs films and then on Friday we will go. I'm hoping for advice on when he can play again. The Reiki and healing really made a difference for him. He woke up feeling so much better yesterday. And the turmoil was better too, the emotions are sorting out, which is as important as the knee.

I have a full day ahead of me.

Ross is very close, warm, content, he feels like he's drank a nice cup of coffee in his energy. He's ready to start his day too.

One last thing, I kept the fire going in the fireplace yesterday afternoon. I went through all the wood we had! Two and one half bundles of almond wood. For those of you who burn wood, I am new to this. It comes in 'cords'. What should I purchase for winter here? What kind, and how much? The delivery place has oak, almond, eucalyptus and a mix of all of them.

We love the fireplace!!

Thank you...



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twin Souls