Monday, August 28, 2017

Feel Good





Yesterday I felt like making a zucchini bread, and I did.

I can't begin to tell you how content it made me feel...I was home, I was in the kitchen, I was cooking dinner, and I just got the urge to make use of the last two zucchini that way.

I made two loaves.

To me, this is Heaven on Earth...

Having both the time and the energy to take care of my loved ones and show them affection.

I haven't baked anything except perhaps two years ago cupcakes.



Anthony wanted a Nolan Ryan bobblehead doll (a collectors item for baseball with our local team, the Los Angeles Angels). I had to work. But he asked his dad, who took him. The Angels lost, but it was fun for them both.

Saturday, we had some tickets left on our voucher, so we decided to go. It was fireworks night. Our usual seats weren't available in the club section. So we had to decide what else? Anthony was trying to calculate where a home run might be hit, and to sit in that area. But my stomach wasn't the best, and I got annoyed because I wanted an end seat so I could use the bathroom without walking over rows of people who have to get up for me. Anthony said, 'okay mom, you decide'.

Well, we ended up behind the bullpen.

I believe to Anthony, the bullpen where the pitchers warm up, IS Heaven on Earth! One player threw bubble gum to the kids, and Anthony was so excited! If you are looking for autographs, the pitchers are always the most likely to agree to sign a ball.

We had a view of the most fantastic play. Andrelton Simmons hit a home run to left field, just at the fence. The left fielder jumped up, the ball went in his glove, and it just tipped out of the glove and landed over the fence into the bullpen. It won the game!

Anthony was so delighted, that he wanted to finish the series (we've never done that), and sit in the same seats on Sunday. In the hot sun with no shade. I took him.

I took him because Ross told me to enjoy my son.



On Saturday I had a bind. My insurance was closed and I couldn't figure out how to get 'pre-certification' (a new term for pre-authorization) of my CT scan I need for my abdominal pain. I had the order, the techs would fit me in, but they needed the okay from the insurance.

Ross asked me, 'is the pain interfering with your daily activities?'

No.

That's why he said, 'enjoy your son'.

My doctor--my REAL doctor, not my 'primary care for my EPO' I have to see--contacted me. She is in another state, and a healer. She picked up on inflammation. She told me to up my vitamin C, take my probiotics she had sent me, and to rub the frankincense oil over the painful area every two to four hours.

She also did a remote healing on me with Ross and Raphael.

The frankincense was like magic! It soothed the deep hurt and cramping right away. I did the other things too.

Miraculously, the pain kept decreasing and decreasing. Today, there's just a throb every now and then, and I can easily ignore it. I'd say it's a two out of ten.

(I made a Reiki Request to Team Doctors With Reiki, and I am sure that helped considerably too)

The other thing that helped is my clarity. My mom told me my grandmother had lots of trouble pooping. She had to sit on the toilet for two hours at a time. My sister has trouble too.

Both have had pelvic surgery. My nana had a hysterectomy. My sister had a huge incision high up because of her placenta previa. I had a c-section too. When they went in for my myomectomy with the robot seven years later, there was an adhesion from my colon to the scar (my pfannensteil incision from the c-section)...on the left hand side. They took it down for me. That's where my pain is again, in that area.  It could be diverticula (that's a common area for pain the left lower quadrant), adhesions, or as my mom suggested, constipation. Somehow the understanding as a physician helped me to relax, and to both let go of the outcome, as well as resolve to complete the workup to understand it.

I also recall my mom and my maternal grandfather both battled with Irritable Bowel Disease.  I've been diagnosed since medical school. My grandfather, a construction worker, had to retire because of accidents he would have in the field. My mom said for her, it 'hurt worse than having a baby' and she always needed to go where a restroom was nearby. Both of them have had abdominal surgery too.  There's an excellent book out, and the author sells peppermint tea to soothe it. I bought the tea once for my mom...

For an update, I spent hours on the phone--approximate forty-five minutes on hold--with my insurance to get pre-authorization (certificate) for my study. I had to call the doctors office for the exact diagnosis code and procedure code they were going to use to bill. Well, the radiologist bills the procedure code. So there's a subcontractor for Anthem...'Ames'...who actually approves the outsourced authorization requests for radiology. I asked politely, 'I am in pain, how long is this supposed to take for me to get a study?' I also called customer service and told them how Anthem owes it's members more accountability, and they should know how terrifying it is to be without coverage due to the contract negotiation breakdown with my work. The woman told me she hadn't heard about it until last week, herself, it's (implied--hush hush and behind closed doors).   So I can be seen, today, but I have to go to a totally different hospital. I leave soon to drink contrast. I was not allowed to eat lunch. This way I will know for sure if there is any pathology. Hopefully there isn't.  And I can concentrate on getting better from here.

Ross also did a healing on me yesterday morning. He told me to relax and lie in my bed while he did the healing. I hadn't gotten out of bed yet. He had on his healing robes. I saw in my mind's eye, five or six spinning flowers, points down (part that attaches to stem), in a carnation pink or deep salmon color. They didn't touch me but were there. I just relaxed and tried my best not to watch. The only part I saw was him pulling a long thin white stringy thing out of me.  I thanked him and was grateful for the healing.

I see I have gained twenty pounds since 2014. I came across an old note where I kept my daily weights on it. I don't exercise enough. I do enjoy a dessert every now and then. I found my scrubs were really pressing on my abdomen. I had to switch to a larger size. This could be a part of it too, I don't know...

But I really must make a new commitment to self-care.

I see it now, with the house, with my son...when I am not in balance, everything else isn't.  I pray so hard for a routine, and for time, and for balance.

Ross mentioned to me not to worry too much as I was frantically tidying up the kitchen. He said it's not too long.

I believe it.

Mark Taylor came to me yesterday at the ball game. He died long time ago, when Anthony was a newborn. He had told me to walk to my man, he's a good man, and I would like him because Mark liked him. This time, Mark and Ross were together. It was delightful for everyone to know who is who. Mark had told me long time ago that he would be there when I meet my man. I hope yesterday was a sneak preview of things to come. <3




I just had a family member/close friend die of stage four colon cancer.  It's so hard.

Last summer I spent a week with her in France, and she was so awesome and fun and kind and loving. Her sister is devastated.

I feel awful because I've had gifts for her to send on the kitchen table for months, and I never sent them. (Her spirit was kind and told me to send them to someone who will appreciate them). I never made the bracelets for her.

I had to forgive myself. I'm so busy, not only do I suffer, but those I care about suffer neglect too.

I had seen her cross over with Ross, and I wrote about it.

But there was the language barrier. I didn't know that when her sister said, 'she fell into coma' meant she had passed. I was waiting for the news. The family said, 'where are you and why aren't you crying with us?'

The end of life is a delicate part of the language to master.

So I researched it. I looked online, and I learned that although the French dress casually--jeans--to funerals, there is a protocol.  A beautiful one is the book left at the door, for people to leave their messages and memories. All the neighbors can write in it, and it gives the family comfort.  

But the French like formal contact. You have to say you heard the news, you were shocked, and you are sorry. You say often, it's hard! They were too young! A letter or card is traditional, and you will get a thank you note promptly in return.

Also, many cremate, and there is a small gathering of the family at the crematorium. And if the cremation is at two, you better come early,  because the gathering is BEFORE and the body goes to the incinerator precisely at two.  Flowers and showing up after are too late and not appreciated.

So I sent flowers. Sending flowers to France isn't easy. I still hope that they arrive at the right time at the home and can be delivered in time. Ross helped me pick the arrangement, and he said, 'go big'.

Anthony and I were in an awkward position. We are close enough to this family to feel like we should go to the funeral. We were even looking up possibilities, to fly out and get back in a short time. But we weren't sure if their customs are like ours, and we would be welcome. I was also concerned I might miss work--be late for it--due to travel delay on this tight schedule.

Ross pointed out I had my pain, and I needed to solve it first. In other words, I wasn't healthy for the trip.

I called. I notified by Facebook I would call. And it's not easy because the rules have changed. I needed my cell phone, and I dialed 011 to get out of the states, then 33 for France, and then after that, the 0 in front of their 02 phone number had to be dropped for the call to go through.

For the flowers I had copied the phrases and adjusted the verbs and stuff to go onto the card and the banner. And for the phone call, with my not so great fluent French, I said what was proper to say.

Sure enough, on Facebook, there was a thank you by the sister, which told everyone I had called all the way from here, and my thoughts will be with the family at the cremation.




There's one last thing I will mention. Ross and I did the healing to help people awaken the other day. It's working.  Anthony says the kids at school are creeped out by the new Taylor Swift song. The part where she says, 'she's dead and can't answer the phone'. He said the video is super disturbing.

I wasn't surprised.   But I was glad the kids are picking up on this stuff. It's a good sign for the awakening.

Here is a link to the video analyzing the new Taylor thing:  https://youtu.be/vUGnSjG24UE

This other one is even more worth watching--it's proof of censorship--https://youtu.be/vlyp6Vao0E4

I'm so glad I never monetized any of my work. It's better for you--no ads--and also, better to be 'under the radar'. I haven't made any YouTube videos since I got served for my medical malpractice lawsuit. Once it's settled out, I can go back to my videos again. I have to be careful.

I'm off to the CT scan and ask for your blessings and love.


P.S. if you ever want to contribute, just PayPal to reikidoc@cox.net.  I would appreciate it.




Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Reiki Doc couple