Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The Man Of The House Lays Down The Law

 

It was the first day of classes.

The temperature was over one hundred degrees in the shade.

Surprisingly, Ross had some very strong concerns for us, and we honored his wishes:

  • no beach
  • no TV of any kind
  • Carla had to do the dishes and also move her work items into her new tote bag
  • Anthony had to study and go to bed early
  • Carla needed to be present and listen to Anthony 
It's amazing the things that happened.

I made dinner using the beautiful cauliflower she's wanted to use for a week. We had it with rice and naan.  As Anthony said, 'it wasn't bad'.

I read the history of my town. I was surprised both President Reagan and President Ford came to help with certain ceremonies to open something new or celebrate a ten-year anniversary. I had been looking for the original sales information for our housing tract. Each home has a name for its 'model' and I wanted to know ours.

I watered the garden.

I cleared a little of the clutter. SARK turned me on to something called 'micro movements'.  I've needed to clean my bathroom and missed a few Mondays. So two nights ago, I only cleaned the sink. On the inside. That was it. But last night, I charged my clarisonic, and then sorted through a few of the piles, and even dumped the trash. As I took the bag to Anthony's bathroom, I dumped it too, and hung up new hand towels. He had been making do with paper towels. 

Ross was very clear. He wanted Anthony to get work done, not to escape it and stay up late. And also, he wanted me to be totally PRESENT. And I was. 

I'd call it a Presence Precedent!

He said we would find out the news about the debate later. He absolutely refused for us to put our energy/focus/attention into it. He was firm. And we listened. It would have been easy to watch, or to play 'the drinking game'  that people made with it (c'mon man! is a sip, etc), or whatever. To be a 'part of the crowd'.

That was not to be.

How do I feel about it?

It feels wonderful. In his wisdom, he let us have boundaries. For our benefit. And I'm glad for this.


clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Couple