Thursday, September 17, 2020

The Gift Of My Tears

 




Mother was laid to rest yesterday.  Due to Covid restrictions, it was very quiet and limited in size. Masks were mandatory and the seats were far apart for the family members.

A young pastor mom had met at a wedding two years ago, who she shared a special connection, gave the eulogy. All three of her daughters also spoke. 

My work sent an incredibly beautiful flower display that was over seven feet tall. 

When it was time to put the casket into the grave, we were each given time to say our last goodbyes. 

I was so sad. So devastated to have lost my mother's emotional support in this world, her voice, her understanding and her comfort. 

So I gave her my tears. It was the only thing I had left to give to her in the physical world. So I took my tears and gently wiped them on her casket, knowing I would be forever connected to her as we had been in life.

Sometimes, the only thing you have to give are your tears...They are a precious and important gift when they are from the heart.

The only other thing I have to add, is at the end, my feet were hurting. And I could barely walk back to the car. So I kicked off my shoes and walked on the grass back to the car to catch up with the rest of the family who were already at the car. 

That's when I heard Ross. He said, with love, 'My Bride!'

Fortunately, Ross is my emotional support, forever, and I will be asking him for the ordinary, mundane things I've sought from my connection with my mother--with my daily calls to and from work.

It's time for work soon. I would love to stay home and cry. But life goes on.

Ross and I thank you for your loving support of us both at this difficult time.



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The Couple