Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The Thang Victory

Sundew (Drosera burmannii Vahl) is a plant eating animal with a large genus of about 194 species from a species of grass in the dew and the insects can be lured by the mucous glands of the skin covering it with leaves. The insects caught are used as supplemental nutrition.

I know Thang.

Before we proceed let's make sure we are on the same page together.

His name is not pronounced to rhyme with Tang.

There is also no 'thhhh' sound to it.  The 'th' sound is like 't'.

His name sounds like 'Tong'.

He has been a recipient of lots of Reiki by being in the operating room with me for long cases.

He is a surgeon.

And recently, on a trip to his homeland, Vietnam, he was healed.


Maiji Caves in Gansu Maijishan Grottoes Located in Tianshui County, the Maiji Caves include 194 caves with more than 7,200 clay statues and stone carvings

These caves are in China, in northwestern China. However, the feel of the mystery, and the mist (can you see the statue of Buddha in the middle of the cave rooms, on the wall? ) fits.

Thang works harder than anyone I know. He has been troubled by the sudden death in the line of duty of his brother--who was a policeman, as well as a failed marriage where the child support and alimony were super expensive for him. 

He never slept. He was always working through the night at one hospital or another.

But he wanted to go to Vietnam, on vacation by himself. 

We teased him about coming back with a mail-order bride--this type of archaic teasing is still commonplace in the O.R. which is a lot like the military in the way we interact with each other and work as a team to save lives.

I've known Thang since he was a medical student in the late 1990's.  He actually started an anesthesia residency and I was his attending, and he switched over to surgery early in his career (his ex-wife is an OB-Gyn).  He never looked back.



When he came back, he had the energy of one who has gone through a cleansing transformation such as this.

He was calm, and had purpose.

What was his story?

It was about his people...



He said 'they are slaves!'

He saw how the corporations were coming in, making deals with the government to create huge resorts to create jobs for the people. Only that the business people were going to make a ton of money off of the country, and that only a fraction of the riches made from the resources of Vietnam and the people were going to go back to the people, who were working for a pittance.

One monthly income, on average, is two hundred and fifty dollars.

That's it.


Mystery misty cave entrance in Son Doong Cave, the largest cave in the world in UNESCO World Heritage Site Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Quang Binh province, Vietnam

He took a taxi and gave a tip of around seventeen dollars to the driver.

The driver was in tears, overwhelmed with astonishment and gratitude at the kindness of Dr. Thang.

The driver said, 'I don't have to drive for the rest of the day! I can take the afternoon off and bring this to my wife and enjoy spending time with my family.'

Thang was deeply moved at how so little can mean so much to someone in need, and it affected him.

Thang is glowing.

Thang is telling his story to everyone at the hospital.

Thang is filled with love and compassion for his people who are suffering back home in Vietnam.





Thang saw himself in the slavery of his people.

Thang works harder than anyone I know.

The people who run the insurance companies and the hospital make way more from his labor than the breadcrumbs he receives by comparison.

Thang is breaking his back and sacrificing his health to support himself and his family.

He is one of the most generous surgeons in the O.R., quick to order food for his teams. He's gone to Jersey Mike's across the street and bought and carried back sandwiches for everyone.

He takes people out to his favorite restaurant after work.  If there is a get-together with the staff for some social time Thang will buy a table and a bottle of good liquor for everyone to share.

I am one of the few who have taken him out for pho, and treated him. He was both startled and surprised I would pay. 

He adores his patients, and is always opening his heart to them, and doing the cases for people who can't pay or due to their insurance he won't get paid--so many that when he has a patient with 'good insurance' he's really surprised and happy. 

And he keeps working.

He's working today.

But the healing, the glow, is from a deep soul level, where he saw himself in others who were suffering the same plight, and he chose to make their plight his cause.

He is a man on fire.

I can't wait to hear more about his 'movement' and 'campaign' today.


The Bastei is a rock formation towering 194 metres above the Elbe River in the Elbe Sandstone Mountains of Germany.

Today is a long day.

Many things are said to be happening.

I think perhaps under the cover of 'national mourning'--something which has never happened ever in all the former presidents dying--changes may be taking place behind the scenes.

I've seen how the casket is lying in state that there's a letter 'Q' around it, if looked at the right view.

I've heard a funeral home director's kid freaking out over the wrinkles in the flag, as when a flag is draped over a casket there's not supposed to be any wrinkles.

I've seen the first four minutes of this video (Gematria Effect News December 1, 2018 titled
Skull & Bones, Why George H W Bush died November 30, 2018...)  For some reason I can't share it. I can't even share the title by copy and paste. It's fascinating the mystery of the numbers. Perhaps it's been pulled the video. Either way, it's a good one if you're into mysteries and victories and helping the underdog win--because we as lay people aren't supposed to understand any of it!

That is enough for today.

It's time to make breakfast.

Last night I had the download tingles for the first time in a long time.

Ross has wanted me to write this one--about Dr. Thang (the Bush is 'extra credit' he says, and not required lesson)Ross has wanted me to write this for some time. He's sent reminders, and he's never had to send me reminders before.  It's hard for me because I work so close with Thang, he's like family. It's hard to see the changes except to be happy for him. I had to think about why.

Last night Ross told us where to eat dinner and to take Anthony out for ice cream. Anthony's back is better. He threw it out the other day. He could barely walk. I took him to school and he made it through the day in pain.  While we were eating ice cream, I noticed Anthony's choice was blue (blue velvet cake) and white.  On seeing that, Ross whispered in my ear, 'Happy Hanukkah'.

We've been celebrating all the days. The first one we did draydel with gummy bears and it was funny because I don't like the green ones. I kept trying to pass them off to Anthony. And I kept trying to win his red ones that taste the best but he didn't want me to win them. We haven't had laughter and time together like that at home in ages. Much to Ross' delight. The second night Anthony lit the candles and said the prayer.

The third night was on Ross.  It was a surprise and I'm so thankful for it.

(Anthony and I ate much less than we normally would, and didn't get any blend ins either.) ; )))




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Couple


P.S. yesterday our bird got out of his cage. He is Harry, because he is a Houdini bird. This cage has kept him in for five years. He took a little door at the top to put in the toys off its hinges. He escaped and chewed off even more of the plastic laminated tree poster than he did five years ago the last time he escaped and got a new cage. We had to put the bird in the shower so he couldn't get out and fix the cage.  Even with fixing it, it was still loose. I found a clamp and clamped the top of the door shut to enhance the repair. We are lucky the bird didn't hurt himself or damage anything else.  I was surprised at how I didn't notice it. I came in, I started dumping the bowl and noticed there was a huge chunk of dried poop that had been taken off a perch in the cage put in there by the bird along with the cardboard he'd torn off his latest toy.  I heard the bird but couldn't see him in the cage, and almost panicked. I'd feared he was hurt or dead. THEN I saw the door, but didn't register it.  I followed his peep and saw him on top of his travel cage, and scooped him up. I actually took him to watch TV with us--one old episode of Larry David (popular with Anthony and his friends). It was like old times and he didn't try to bother Anthony.  Usually Harry ignores me and jumps to the boy who is scared of him because he's been bit. When I went to put him back, I saw the damaged cage and the food doors which are locked--both open--from the outside, and the damaged poster with the little pieces in a pile on the floor.   Cockatoos are smart and only stay in cages because they want to. They know how to get out. One somewhere I heard got out, found the key, came back in the cage, locked the lock, and dropped the key inside the bowl of water just to send a message to the owner. I think that poop was a message for me that he didn't like his new toy that was too hard for him. LOL. At least the weight of it may have pulled on the door to help it come off its hinges!

Change, even obvious change, has a way of tricking our senses and perceptions!

Roll with it, and do what you need to do, like for us, moving the bird and figuring out how to repair the cage, which wasn't easy, but together we did it just fine. <3

Have a good day!