Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Now What?

 


My, my, my!

I began this journey in 1990, applying to medical school and matriculating at UCSD in 1992. It's been a long time.

Today marks six days in a row without work. Even though I was on the schedule, I haven't been assigned because our group has a lot of anesthesiologists and the O.R. is slow.

I haven't been happier!

It is so wonderful staying home!

The twenty-six years of being woken up in the middle of the night and taking call has taken its toll.

I'm celebrating every day at home, and asking Divine Mother and Blessed Mother, Ross and Divine Father, for guidance as to how I can enjoy my life a little more, along these lines, and still support myself and my family?

I don't mind work. But I find I enjoy the little liberties of being at home so much more.

I'm not making much headway in my projects. From the website, the 'contact us' forms are going to someplace I'm not sure where, it's not going to the email. So I get to track that down.

I'm thinking of a course for people to help their intuition.

The garden is okay, not great, but not awful. It needs a lot of work.

My follow up study for the diverticulitis is tomorrow. I get to do the prep today. One piece of toast before eight thirty and then I'm clear liquids only. I hope the study goes well. 

What surprises me is how the expenses keep going when I'm at home. Food, 'deals' from Black Friday to 'save money down the road', stuff like that. Anthony has a little cold. He picked it up from his dad's house, where his dad's girlfriend's preschooler son had snot 'everywhere' and 'was sick the whole time'.  Just buying a whole chicken to make chicken soup is not cheap. I put away the twenty-five dollar organic one and chose the fourteen dollar one at whole foods. Fortunately, our arugula crop is doing well. 

I have a unique style of gardening. Nothing is forced. My mom has a concept of 'volunteers', plants that just 'show up' and thrive. So, I foster this by letting things go to seed. My garlic harvest last year wasn't good. But this year, a lot of plants are coming back in the rows where I had planted them. Same for onions and potatoes too. The romaine lettuce has some 'volunteers' in the most surprising of places. And the baby kale and the regrowth from last year's cabbage stumps are thriving! It doesn't look organized and beautiful, but the plants who like each other are natural neighbors, they are happy, and producing well. 

There is a Bokashi still in my kitchen, and it's eating up the things I wouldn't dare put in the compost outside. I also have a worm compost bin set up in the outside, and it's working well too. I love the happy worms. I wonder how the grubs can get in there, because it's closed to the outside. But the turtle likes the grubs, and if there was a food shortage I'm sure I'd find a way to roast them for protein too. 

Anthony is up now.

I'm enjoying the time we have before anything major happens. Energetically, politically, we are teetering on the brink of a precipice. I don't know which way it's going to turn, although ultimately, good things are going to happen down the long term. It's a good time to enjoy what we have, and who we are with, because in totalitarianism systems, nothing is a guarantee, and it's just right around the corner.  I pray, I pray a lot, and I give thanks because I know Ross and my family and I will reunite under happier circumstances, at some point, if things go the worst possible way. And if they go better, all will rejoice until we reunite. The need is to be loving 24/7, 365, to all we meet...exactly where we are. That's why we are here.  To anchor these frequencies for as long as possible.



clap! clap!

Aloha and mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

Time for toast!