Saturday, December 5, 2020

Nourish Them

 



Just as people in our lives are gifts to us, we are Spiritual Gifts to others. Their world would not be the same without our presence just as our world would not be the same without their loving presence for us.

Today we are going to discuss the gift of Presence.

When we have the sunshine within our soul, people thirst for it. They sense it. And it's normal and healthy and natural, just like plants turning themselves gently to face the sun.

I've been sensing this since the day before yesterday. The energies are flowing out of me much stronger and faster than they ever have. If you understand the concept of a 'Continuous Source of Reiki', that's pretty much what is going on. You emit healing into your environment wherever you go.

When I was a new mother, I chose to breast feed my son. It was a skill that took a while to learn. For both of us! As there is no level mark like on the bottle, I was curious if the system was really working or not? Was the child getting enough? Was I doing this right?

In time, I learned I could sense the milk flowing through the tissue that was making it. There's little ducts inside, and the nourishment travels through it to get to the child. I learned to trust in this feeling. And later, when I went back to work, and needed to pump, I could associate that feeling with the results of what was being collected through the pump mechanism. 

The energy of Love, pure heavenly love, flows through us in a Divine Dance of Blessings. It sustains us, and we enjoy the energy of our Loved Ones--their laughter, their hopes, their dreams, their stories, and their friendship, their lovingkindness to us. 

Try to be conscious of this Love which is flowing through you. Learn to work with it, learn to trust it.

Yesterday, after a little stalling over a long leisurely hospital lunch in the Doctor's Dining Room, I went to relieve a friend. My next patient was closer to one hundred years old than ninety...and I got to know her at the bedside in order to prepare for the anesthesia plan. 

She was delightful! From Toronto (I'm French, but it's French Canadian from Montreal/Quebec are my ancestors)...soon we were talking about life as much as we were talking about medicine. She took my hand and I let her hold it. The hospital is a cold, unwelcoming place where patients have to sit alone with their phones instead of with loved ones while waiting for their procedures. She was gossiping with me about her son, being in Germany, and why, and how he was treated by his former employers.

Sadly, I didn't notice the text from the charge nurse. It was time for me to go home, and a different female anesthesiologist was going to take over the case. I gently explained this to my dear sweet patient, and at once the replacement showed up and introduced herself.

My patient was so disappointed. In true Canadian fashion, she said, 'I'm sure this new one is a very nice lady too, but, I wanted to have YOU.'

I didn't know what to say, my friend was going to let me do the case. But also, Jared was going to pick up Anthony for the weekend. And I knew my son needed me. So I was honest. I told her I would love to stay, but I need to go to my son, because he needs me. It will be two days before we see one another again. 

She understood. As only a mom understands.

This was the most gracious way for everyone.

Once I was home, Anthony was focused on his video games. If you have children, remember, sometimes video games make the difference for their mental health growing up. If there is teasing, or in this case, Covid restrictions--being able to whack off heads, and Anthony was delighted to discover 'a new move'--being able to whack off a head and a leg at the same time in his game...it's a lifesaver. 

I just read the mail, and sat near him. Then his father was ready to come, he was on his way. Anthony excused himself to pack. Then there was awkward sitting. 

So? I challenged him to a battle on Pokemon Go. Sometimes you can do that. He enjoys it. We talk trash talk--YOU"RE GONNA LOSE!--kind of talk. And actually, at the end I beat him twice and he jumped up and said, 'OH MAN!' and it was really the kindest kind of connection I could share with him. He usually beats me by a lot. But competing with him, I was validating him and the relationship. Then with one last bathroom stop for him, I helped by chatting up his dad who was waiting in the car. That way the boy didn't have to rush.

Remember it is especially important when we are in the nourishing position, to nourish ourselves too. When you learn Reiki, it is incredible because it's the only type of energy healing that isn't draining to the practitioner. And the LOVE energy isn't draining, like Reiki, it heals us. But remember, there is great hunger and thirst 'out there'. We must take caution not to be depleted. So take care of yourself. Eat well, exercise, get good sleep, meditate, read the Bible, enjoy your hobbies....that sort of thing. And also, enjoy the company of like-minded souls!




clap! clap! 

Aloha and Mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The Couple



P.S. I just did the Angels of Healing Reiki Attunement. It is a wonderful form of Reiki. You can also be able to attune others once you are attuned. It is a sliding fee, seven euros to twelve euros. With twelve euros you get a certificate. To order, go to PayPal and send the euros you wish to send to hillybilly1@gmx.de   In the States, we tip, and so I sent fifteen euros. This is normal for us, to give a little extra, as it is our custom to tip people who give us a service. <3