Sunday, October 18, 2020

Lessons

 



I'm on the mend. My pain went from eight out of ten, unrelenting, with peaks into the nine range with movement, down to four. From the diverticulitis, my muscles on the abdominal wall and quadratus lumborum were inflamed. I could only move by using my arms to do more of the body movement -- up the stairs, into our out of the bed-- and by pressing really hard on my left lower quadrant. Involuntarily I would exclaim OW! Ow! OW! with movements.  Driving was agony. 

At the ER I got a diagnosis but no relief. Not from the pain. And the antibiotic didn't work. It wasn't one for abdominal pain. It was for respiratory ailments. 

The pharmacy messed up twice. But after three trips there I was heading in the right direction.

Why did I get sick?

Only the patient can tell you why. The healers can guide, can help make the connections. I know from Louise Hay and Mona Lisa Shulz MD--by the way their book is excellent--that it's from the orange/yellow chakra, doing too much for others, and having way too many things.

That was a little of it.

I think I got sick to see the I've been unwell for a very long time. My digestion hasn't been right since 2012. I thought a myomectomy would fix things, it sort of did. But not the main problem.

I realize my diet and exercise need to be number one. And celebrating mom by eating fast food we ordinarily don't eat, plus working so hard there was no time to cook, and the kitchen countertops being crammed with too much stuff was a situation to lose-lose. 

You see, when you are overweight, the fat actually helps make a colonoscopy easier because there is less movement possible for the intestines large and small. This isn't good when you have diverticulosis. And daily movement for one hour is a must. Not just to help the bowel, but for glucose control too. It may or may not help with weight loss. Then once I'm better, I go on this: https://badgut.org/information-centre/a-z-digestive-topics/rethinking-diverticulitis-treatment-and-prevention/ as well as search for https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/kampo. After that the diet goal will be FIBER FIBER FIBER at every meal. 

Then I should be okay.

My lesson into extreme pain was twofold--one to see the split between the spirit and body, and second, it acted as a gateway to discover there is ample room to feel much better than I had been feeling!

When your gut isn't working right, your Life Force, your Hara, suffers too.

What other lessons were with this?

  • realizing the ER doctor is limited in what he could prescribe--and the antibiotic was wrong for my diagnosis
  • discovering the impact of my insurance restrictions on pharmacy--which are MAJOR. They didn't pay at all for the second antibiotic when the first one didn't work. (I need two, one for aerobic and one for anaerobic organisms)
  • learning how the 'pain pill pandemic' left me with substandard care. No pain relief. For days. 
  • appreciating how much better off I was to be friends with my gastroenterologist. He saved me. In so many ways.
  • putting my foot down and not being willing to sacrifice myself for my work. Yes I had to negotiate and do lots of communication but I got to stay home when I needed it most, to prevent worse health and also possible mistakes due to my being distracted by pain.
  • accepting first things first and not pushing myself through something I thought was 'first' erroneously.
  • understanding how Ross could be with me the whole time, even though there wasn't much he could do, this was a lesson.
  • listening to the wisdom of friends and family. The nurse who told me to take the pain med (tramadol) because with 8/10 pain you can't rest and heal. I could hear Creator talking to me through my loved ones.
  • being HONEST with those closest to me about my fears and worries and health. 

The list could go on and on. 

Sometimes, just being with others was the only thing that helped me feel better. That and my hot water bottle. 

There is a quality of angelic guidance for a lesson, things kind of 'stand out' and you 'notice' them more. That hot water bottle was one of them. I'm sure the timing was right for the lesson. Carefully prepared. I could 'sense' it coming even with Ross' message to John Smallman on Sorrow. I didn't understand what was to happen. But by remaining in the Now and doing my best, I've come a long way.

I still can't 'eat'. I'm on liquids, full liquids. It's helping things to calm down in the digestive tract. It's not that bad not to eat. You can smell the food of others (Anthony's meals) and enjoy it. And I recall how in the higher realms, they sometimes enjoy juices but don't really EAT eat. 


Ross would like to talk now.


Ross

I am giving you this example as the 'anatomy of a lesson'. It is like a paperweight with lots of facets on it, a clear heavy one, and you can focus on each part and turn it in your hand. 

A quick rundown of what a typical, standard lesson will test is:
  • your priorities
  • your 'world view' is shaken, in what you once took for granted you cannot any more. You have to focus and adapt
  • your sense of well-being (this one helps to trim and contain the ego, like a sandy surface helps to smooth and wear down the claws of a dog or cat who is walking on it.)
  • your body and how it isn't really under your control--or isn't really YOU in all totality
  • your ability to make plans and carry them out is a gift not to be taken to excess
What we are looking for in the grading system is:
  • ability to open the mind to new thought/viewpoints/options
  • connectedness and ability to work with/depend on others and perhaps as in Carla's case change the 'status quo'
  • humbleness in acceptance of the lesson
  • willingness to serve and to help others with the knowledge gained.

I'd like to share that Carla's friend Kelly  had surgery on her neck. Kelly didn't reply to Carla's calls or texts. Carla for a moment was anxious--had she said or done something to upset her? But Carla knows her friend, and also, has respect for her need to heal from the surgery. They spoke yesterday, almost a week after the surgery. It was okay.

And did Carla say one peep to Kelly about her health condition?

No.

Carla didn't want her to worry about her, not one bit. 

It is the ability to put others needs before our own is a sign of spiritual maturity. Not in the codependency vibration, but its the Higher Self and Highest Possible Good vibration. For the Greater Good and the Good of All.

That is why we are here. To learn and to grow in our souls. And to have fun, and deepen our relationships with others.

This isn't the first time around for many of us!

I want you to know I am happy with yours and Carla's developments. And my comments here are like letting you know there is in fact a Teacher's Edition to the Homework, what we are looking for in the grading, and how your soul endures from one lesson to the next. 

With all our love....




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,
Ross and Carla
The Couple who are Teachers in the Highest Realms. For all of Eternity. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3