Monday, July 15, 2019

You Stand Out Like A Sore Thumb Carla



Many years ago, when I was just starting in medical school, my friend from high school, Kevin Weeks, passed. I had a visit by a male spirit I didn't know who was kind of angry. It told me several things, but one of them that stuck with me was, 'you stand out like a sore thumb down there'.

At the time I didn't understand it.

Later I came to the idea that it referred to my energy signature and my name, rank, file, and serial number 'back Home'.

At Happy Hour last Friday, I got another perspective. The group was talking about the anesthesiologists at the local 'seaside shee shee hospital' about twenty minutes away where many of them used to work.

They said that the reason medical dramas are written like soap operas is because that's what really happened at their old hospital. There was story after story! Apparently the anesthesiology group rented an apartment, and the male doctors would take turns borrowing it and the department went through 'all of the nurses'.  Another nurse was dating the head of materials (all the equipment for the O.R. is that department, who buys and coordinates supplies)--and a surgeon kept asking her out and saying, 'he doesn't have any money, what do you see in him?'  Well, the boyfriend made her happy, and they've been married for fifteen years!

One, a man I know and once worked for at a surgery center, was moonlighting. He liked women so much he was always on the phone. But it was back in the times before cell phones. He was outside of the room and the patient died. The malpractice insurance of the group didn't cover it. So they kicked him out, right away. I didn't know any of this when I learned of the work opportunities at the new surgery center he was starting. He just told me he wanted to 'spend more time with his kids' and go to their soccer games. He was very handsome, I recall. But he never once flirted with me.

There's a saying that people in the Light Worker community say, and it's basically true, 'follow the money'. Traditionally, anesthesiologists and some other physicians have higher incomes than average.   Are these people from that hospital part of TWDNHOBIAH? No, most likely not but it's possible. But are they corruptible?  Apparently so.

This is a huge eye-opener for me.

I used to think that my colleagues at work were 'different' because they cut corners, and only want to finish the case and get on with the next one so they can get more units to bill. They are angels by comparison to the other hospital!

One new nurse told me in the break room at the surgery center she told her family about me. I was curious as to why? She said that she told her family people were so nice at the surgery center, and even, an anesthesiologist asked her what is her name. I was surprised this small kindness made such a big impression on her. She said typically, the anesthesiologists at other places she worked sit at the desk and shout across the room to her, 'what are the vital signs on my patient?'

There is something called 'a surgical conscience'. It's how well you adhere to the rules for patient safety when nobody else is looking. I had that with the anesthesia machine with the internal leak on my last call. Or yesterday--I came in and no one had completed the change of  the circuit or suction in GI lab. Everything was gone off the machine (safety is to have a clean one always set up and ready to go). Not only did I set new ones up for my case, but afterwards, I cleaned the machine and added new ones for the next person.

I also will not leave a patient in PACU until they are out of the woods hemodynamically and with their airway patent. I stay. The nurses would call me back anyway if they are nervous, it's not right. So I stay until everything wears off. Most patients don't need this, only a handful in a few months. But when duty calls, I respond.

There's something fun to do now. I am helping to dog-sit. It's the first time I can take a walk before work. I think I'm just as excited as the dog!

Ross smiles, he's happy, very very happy and content with all of my progress. I can tell. When you can progress in ways that you set up for yourself in your pre-birth plan, the joy and delight of those who assist you on Spirit side is palpable. It's a wonderful feeling and as you grow you are going to experience it too. I know it.



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Couple