Monday, October 24, 2011

Reiki Patient gives Feedback



I never walk in to the GI waiting room after cardioversion to talk to the family. For some reason today, I did. I spoke with the wife. As I turned to go, a lady sitting on the chair at the admitting desk smiled big and said, "Doctor! Do you remember me? I was the one who was all afraid. you did my case three years ago."

I saw the arm pressure garment and asked how she was.

"it went away but now it is back. In my liver. I have a biopsy today."

I gave her a big hug.

She said "I was hoping to see you. I am always so happy when I am with you."

Namaste,

Reiki Doc

QED

2 comments:

  1. It is of so much importance for the patient to be able to thank the Doctor. Recently, I was able to personally thank an ER Doc that saved my life! My hubby was in the ER recently and in walks the Doc that worked my case 4 years ago! I had tried for over a year to reach him to thank him to no avail. It was such a healing experience to be able to thank him, hug him and to have my husband tell him how grateful he was to have such a caring and intuitive Doc take care of his wife....xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dani thank you for the kind comment. As a patient myself, it was important to me too to give thanks to my team. It was their caring that inspired me to become a physician.

    ReplyDelete