Thursday, May 4, 2023

Ten More Minutes

 


I was a little surprised this morning to see it had rained last night.

I was very thankful that the rain was light as I was driving to work. I know that there have been some rough times behind the wheel in heavy rain on the way to work. 

I gave thanks that I had written my blog, gotten out of the house, and listened to Reggae, having no clue that inclement weather was going to be something I might be dealing with on my morning commute.

As I turned direction, towards west on the Freeway, the skies got darker and the rain heavier. Everyone slowed down to forty to fifty miles an hour. 

Then is got really bad. Heavy rain. Poor visibility. And really bad drainage on the road. I could feel the car gently hydroplane through puddles here and there. 

I'm an excellent driver. I've lived in the Bay Area. But rain here, recently, has just been a nightmare, especially with all the perpetual work on the roads. 

I gave thanks for the overpasses so I had a little time to actually see the road clearly. 

But this time, I stayed calm.

The skies got lighter as the sun was coming up. Unfortunately, even though the rain was a drizzle, visibility was even worse. The sky mirrored into the water on the road. I couldn't tell what lane was what. Trucks were pulling over to the side to just wait the heck out of the storm. But I had patients to see and cases to start...

In the worst, I said, 'Ross, I know you are helping me. I am not afraid. I can't see you, but I know you are here. Thank you very much for doing such a good job.'

I took a scary lane change and white knuckled it until I was safely on my offramp two exits away. 

I gathered my composure and walked/hobbled into work.




On the drive home, I spoke with Ross. He was very pleased at my giving thanks to Him and trusting Him like I did.

And I prayed a prayer I often pray for my Guardian Angel, God, will you please give him a raise? 

Why? Because he does such a good job of guiding me on my path, and helping me to accept the unacceptable, and to grow. He soothes me too when I suffer. Thank you.


So Ross asked me to share. I said yes. My ten minutes is almost up, it's bedtime. 

When you get a chance, really connect and ask Creator to give your guardian angel and guides a Big Promotion and RAISE! 

You're actually helping yourself too when you help them. Gratitude helps them very much too.



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The Couple