Tuesday, June 1, 2021

The Everyday Moron

 



Our own weakness is a vitally important part of the human experience!

When I was little, I was driving to work with my dad, because I got to spend a day with him. I came up with an idea--we could both wear the deflated red bounce balls on our heads like hats, and he would be the Big Dummy and I would be the Little Dummy...wouldn't that be hilarious?

We did it.

Only I was too short, that nobody could see my head on the road, only his, and here he was, wearing a deflated ball hat and acting like a dummy. 

Later in life he told me that he got some funny looks from the other drivers, but he wouldn't have traded that moment for the world....


Yesterday, through the eyes of love, I was able to observe Anthony, and come to the conclusion that in all of us, 'Ego is Stupidity acting like it is Intelligent'.   We were trying to clean the pool, and we needed a black hose/tubing, which was still coiled in its original packaging. I told him to get the scissors.

Nope. 

He was going to untie it.

Then the ties were too difficult.

Then he was going to unwind it from the ties.

Puzzled, I asked him if he knows where we keep the scissors in the house? And I could have been actually vacuuming the pool more if the hose was available?

He smiled, realized the point, and got the scissors. 


It's not like I'm any better. I turned the water on full force at dinner to deep water some plants, and left it on all night...it won't be cheap but I learned a lesson myself too.


Why is it, that in Matthew 7:5 Jesus says, Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. ... First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.

We all are like this!

And everyone KNOWS!

There is an old Sicilian proverb that says 'Love is like a Cough, there's no hiding it.'

But still, couples fall in love every day, and try to keep it a secret, especially if they are seeing each other 'on the down low' or 'on the side'.  There's a thing on the radio, on KIIS, called 'Ryan's Roses' where the cheated on spouse contacts the radio station, and they arrange a phone call to the cheater to catch them in the act. Free roses are sent to the person of their choice? What name to put on the card that goes with the flowers? What message? These people get caught red-handed on the radio, and deny, deny, deny! It's funny to watch this part of human behavior, really, when you aren't involved.

Detach with LOVE.

Everyone is here to learn their lessons.

For some reason, Divine Perfection wanted to experience Consciousness through fallible vessels of human form. Realizing our own frailty, our tendency to make mistakes, and especially that One Thing you Can't Get Right no matter How Hard You Try is IMPORTANT. It's important for you. It's important for Divine Creator. 

Look for this in yourself and others.

And when you catch yourself being a 'Little Dummy', ask for Grace and Forgiveness from Creator, and it will be given.

Then do your best not to make the same mistakes again, another time. <3 <3 <3




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The Ones Who Love You No Matter What