Sunday, May 9, 2021

The Importance of Rest

 


These are important times. And the struggles are never far away. This being said, highlights the importance if mental, physical, and yes, spiritual rest.

The more we are 'go, go, go' the less we are able to enjoy life, and to pick up on all the messages Spirit brings to us.

Some important 'messages' of the last week for me are:

  • There really IS a time for everything, as I am learning from the plants and their life cycles. My beloved fava beans bore their fruit, and then after that, it was time to pull up the plants. I fed them to the worms in the compost pile, with gratitude for their wonderful gift of the beans (also called 'broad beans')
  • Plants are very generous, and will provide the next generation for you if you allow it. My arugula are done with this heat, but a whole crop will return again, as this one is the second generation already. When seeds plant themselves, they do better than when I pick a place for them.
  • My borage seemed like it died, but actually, It spread seeds to three other parts of the garden which now, at a later time, are flourishing. Borage likes water and is growing in the lower areas where the water pools when I water the garden. And borage is both medicinal and food. You can make tea from it, but the bees are so happy with the flowers I can wait for my tea.

Some important growth for me, is that I'm in like a new phase of renewal. It's hard to explain. But there is a sense of preparation which is going to take time, and I'm going to come out of this able to serve humanity in more ways than I had imagined ten years ago when taking my Reiki and Karuna Reiki courses. It's not the end of the line here. It's only the beginning. I'm grateful for this.

You would think at the end of times, I'd be like, traumatized, but I'm not. I'm exceptionally grateful for all that I still have. Every day truly is a gift, and there are no guarantees. I pray, I hope for the best, I detach from the sources of information which televise and mass market my way because they attack my delicate psychology and exploit my weaknesses scientifically...

Let me see if I can find something for you...one moment.

I can't find the link. But the person on the tik tok video I saw on Insta shows how every five seconds the iPhone little camera for selfies takes an infrared snapshot of your face every time you are looking at the screen. And it doesn't let you know it's doing it. They had an infrared camera filming the husband holding the phone looking at the screen, in the dark. and it's like. big red flashes on the infrared camera, every five seconds. When they covered that camera, then it just kept flashing. This video here shows the technology, it's nothing new. But why every five seconds instead of only to unlock it? Oh well. Microexpression mining perhaps?

So, remember there are many things which are 'out there' which are out of our control. The things we can control, then, take the chance to do what you are motivated and feel it's right to do.

I read an article about India. During the first surge, several online groups formed to help those who have no way to get help. There are doctors, nurses, administrators, people from certain sectors of industry....they help bring food, medicine, oxygen to those who need it. They also coordinate open hospital beds. People are rising to the challenge. It warmed my heart to hear of such stories in India's time of challenge. 

Then there was the brave eighty-something year old man, who saw  a young father come in to the hospital. There were no beds. The man saw the wife and the crying children. So he said, 'I've lived a good life' and gave his hospital bed to the father. He gave his life for another, a total stranger, because he saw the children's tears and he knew of the hardship which would befall the family if the father would pass. What a generous soul! That was his way to help and inspire the world.

I saw this article in the news, the medical news that comes to my inbox.

It's a hard read because many people perceive that doctors are 'rich' and it's hard to understand why they can't run their practices on this type of reimbursement. Just for today, set that aside. Look at the math and look at healthcare's big picture. Look at all the money going into the system. Crazy lots. Look at all the expenses of running a hospital and delivering care--not too transparent, for sure, but it's lots. I know for my thyroid surgery alone the bill just for the hospital was super expensive, like over fifty thousand dollars. My insurance lowered that price and paid like ten thousand dollars. This was perhaps four hours of surgery, and overnight care. I know healthcare charges more for services to compensate for the price adjustment that the insurance companies make.  Somewhere, that money is being spent or stolen. There's no way that the billions people spend into the system equals what is coming out. And these anesthesiologists know how much it takes to keep their business solvent. There's lots of overhead in anesthesia. Malpractice, paying for your own healthcare, retirement, etc. Cost of living keeps going up.

Always follow the money. Train your eye to see the huge gaps between how much goes IN to the system (government for example) and how much comes out. Remember whenever there are large amounts of money sitting around, people get greedy and help themselves. It's human nature. 

That's the point of this last article. Something isn't adding up, and people can't keep working. 

Another article I read was how unemployment is more lucrative than working in certain industries, particularly the food industry. 

Everything will work itself out.

Pray.

Pray for you, to strengthen you and encourage you in these difficult time.

Pray for justice, true Heavenly justice, and order to begin.

Pray for people to awaken from the slumber that has been imposed on them, like anesthesia.

And rest.





Ross and I wish a happy Mother's Day to all of you. Even the men. For all everyone does to nurture others...xoxoxo.



clap! clap!
Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla