Thursday, May 28, 2020

Buon Giorno!




Buon Giorno! Good morning!

Yesterday's flaky, buttery croissants were a big success! It's fascinating because the recipe--you work for three days to make them!--only makes five croissants, or in our case, it was five and one half. They were fresh from the oven. I've learned what a difference an egg wash can make in the presentation.

The only thing I really did, yesterday, besides water the garden (it takes an hour at sunset to water by hand with the hose)--was to bake the hamburger buns from scratch.

They turned out wonderfully.

We enjoy hamburgers, although we do not eat beef in our family. And no, we do not eat the impossible versions of 'meat'--either. There is nothing as American as a good burger and fries at home. Anthony was at the grill. I kind of forgot about the fries--the frozen kind--in the oven so they were a little more dark and crunchy...my bad. We had tomatoes from the yard, onions, pickles, thousand island dressing (that's the 'spread' at In and Out burgers by the way, just that), lettuce, mustard. I didn't even use ketchup.

As I was writing this, I'd be careful about the 'Impossible' because there's hemoglobin in it. That's the major protein in our bloodstream to carry oxygen. The ASSC is a little weird because they have beliefs both about ingesting heme and getting others to ingest it and even worse things. I've long been wary of eating restaurant hamburger-based meats because I suspect there's some non-cow DNA added to it. It's a long story, I won't go into it. I'm kind of done talking about them for a while.

I spent much of the day in the pool, just floating on a mat. I got a sunburn from it, but that's okay. I live here. That's pretty much normal for us. It doesn't hurt.

I can't wear my makeup though, because it won't match. I've gotten so tan over the last few weeks, I had to order a different one online.

Ladies, how often are you changing your makeup? You know how the eye makeup is the one we change most often for the risk of bacteria growing in it? If you do wear it, now is a good time to go through everything, and if even blush/foundation/lipstick are over two years old, you might want to toss them and just buy only your favorite to replace them. I have to wear it at my work, to look professional. Especially with the masks the eyes need to really be pleasant and fresh and clean because that's all everybody can see.

You're worth it.

I've had five days in a row off from work. I needed it for some really deep healing. We needed it really, our family.

Now it's time to go to work. And submit. You never know what the work is going to throw in your direction. You just show up and do the best you can. You never know what surprises will turn up, in the way of equipment function, drug availability and shortage, personalities of everyone involved, and the schedule.

I serve.

I surrender my own needs, or at least, put them aside, and the work takes priority. Most of the time my colleagues are kind, and we are able to plan when to have food and it's not so rush rush. I enjoy my colleagues. I enjoy my patients.

Yesterday I brought more of the cherry tomatoes to two of our closest neighbors. They were delighted! The quality is good, the taste is impeccable, and it's a wonderful gesture of kindness. The last ones I brought to a family who is like family to us, they used for the pasta. They understand food and know how to make ingredients sing!

No matter where you are, you have two eyes that see, and a heart that recognizes need which needs to be filled. In this you are the eyes and hands that help our Divine Creator make this world a better place. Listen to your angels. Be who you are, cheerfully, and with love and gratitude in your heart.

It helps to pass the time until we can be together back Home again, doesn't it? ; )  <3 <3

If you do the little jobs well, the big ones tend to take care of themselves. -- Dale Carnegie.




Ross

I love her, my Carla. I am always with her. Together we are taking great strides on the final stretch towards 'home plate'.

Our team will score soon, big time, against the ASSC.

Remember this in your heart, and keep being good supporters of our team goals! You are running across the plate soon.

And you don't have to slide if you don't want to.

I like to get all dirty and make my uniform look like I am really good and playing very hard when I win. It gives Carla terrible fits for the laundry but hey, what can I say? When you play hard and like to win, it's all part of the game, isn't it?

Try not to be overly concerned about what you see with the shadow government and the censorship. It is all in it for show. Look to what they are trying to cover up and hide with the distraction (what are they distracting your attention away from?) and then you will have the full picture. It's all one big circus, really. Some things never change...(big sigh).



clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Couple who love each other very much and unconditionally from our hearts.