Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Bonjour!

Bonjour! Good morning!

Today I embrace all of my heritage, and for the first time, am baking croissants made by hand. The process takes three days. The croissants are proofing in the oven. I have one hour to go, then we bake!

On my mother's side, her grandmother, my great-great grandmother, Giuseppina Spagnolo, owned a bakery, in a little tiny village called San Biagio Platani near Agrigento.  I never met her. I've only seen pictures. Yet I carry her DNA...isn't that incredible?




A long time ago, I shared that when I had my pituitary surgery, and recovered, I knew I needed a life change. But I wasn't sure whether to follow one passion, medicine, or the other, culinary arts. My hero, who still is, by the way, Alice Waters, had Chez Panisse within short walking distance of my apartment. 

With the quarantine, I have been able to read her book, Simple Foods, and master many of the skills. Last night, I picked fresh romaine and French sorrel and Italian San Marzo tomatoes from the garden, and created a salad dressing in my suribachi (Alice loves those and I do too!). I made the vinaigrette without measuring anything, remembering how Alice likes it a little on the vinegary side. When we ate, a simple meal of grilled Italian sausages, shish kebab tomato/onions/bell pepper with cherry tomatoes from the yard, and the salad, Anthony exclaimed, 'the salad dressing is good, mom!'

I smiled and said, 'it's Alice's recipe. I'm so glad you like it.'


What a wonderful gift, to create food that is professional and delicious and you make it from home!

My dandelion mead is done. I have filtered it, and have two bottles (repurposed Grolsch flip top beer bottles) 'aging' in the fridge and the rest is in a gallon jug under the sink, 'aging'. It's bitter, sour, not very sweet, but it has a kick to it! What surprises me is that since it's from the land, the energy is more harmonious than commercial alcohol 'ferments'--beer, wine, spirits. I can't wait to make more!

I've successfully canned my own bergamot marmalade and guava jam this quarantine. I have a recipe for lilac jelly I would love to make next. 

Canning, growing and cooking are very important gifts to give to yourself, your family, and your future. I highly encourage the development of these skills. 

Anthony can barbecue grill all by himself now. It's a wonderful skill to have.

He enjoys helping me in the kitchen. Especially making bagels that are as good as the ones you buy at the store. We made the 'everything' bagels. I know the recipe for 'everything' topping. And the other day, when I was roasting a chicken, I make it an 'everything' chicken and used the leftover topping to season the chicken!

Creativity is vital, our birthright, and fun!




Here is today's adventure. I have the pan for it. Making our own hamburger buns. It takes about two and one half hours and not too much prep.

Do know there is a yeast shortage here in the States. From what I understand, you can get away with a little less if you control the temperature and add additional time for the yeast to 'do its thing' and rise.

I am making the most of the time off, it's been five days today, to sort through all of my things. I have paintings up on the wall now, and it gives me great joy. In the bathroom, mine, I have tiles of Hawaiian art. Welcome to our hale it says, with a grass shack. Shoes off, Hawaiian style! with a big yellow plumeria. And a delightful fantasy island scene by a wonderful artist, with the water and waterfalls and the hale and the forest...Tiles can take the humidity.

It feels good to finally move in, and to rid the house of old things I don't need anymore.

Yesterday's Creator Writings was right on target. You don't need things you thought you once needed for safety and security. The new is being ushered in as we speak. And it's going to be exactly what we make it, and the results are going to surprise you.





Ross

I gave Carla these a few days ago. They are in her absolute favorite vase on the dining room table, which was once her grandmother's (Nanna Angelina) where many a happy meal has been enjoyed!

They are opening, blooming beautifully, which gives her both wonder and delight.

Carla as made amazing improvements in both her outlook and her expectations for our relationship.

There is hope.

Hope from another world, and the stars.

You can feel the change in her heart.

It's for the better.

I am content with my love right by my side, right where she belongs, for all eternity.




clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The Twin Flames where there is no more suffering



P.S. if you are suffering, there is an exercise to help relieve it. Feel gratitude. Just feel the sensation of gratitude in general, not for any one thing. Now, move this feeling of attention and gratitude towards the center of your heart chakra area and chest.  You will feel waves of bliss.  Exercise this throughout the day, as often as you can. It will help. We encourage you to always seek treatment for medical conditions, and for psychological distress too, from professionals. But for the suffering, you might as well enjoy our little exercise. It is powerful. You will be amazed at how well it works, in a short time.