Monday, February 22, 2021

Loving Life When It Truly Sucks To Live It

 


Saturday was a wonderful day. It was a special day for players of Pokemon Go, and that's what I did all day. Nothing else. I just rested, relaxed and played. I had wanted to thaw some frozen lobster to make a 'lobstah roll'--but it didn't thaw in time. Dinner was relaxed and just cheese and French bread. 

I went to bed early.

Even as Saturday was fading to the late afternoon, I was on the phone negotiating cases and backup anesthesia for my call. 

Sunday's call was busy. I wish I could say more, but I can't. I was super tired from the PPE. And fortunately a friend covered me for a few hours so I could sleep. I was called in at three a.m.  Even though it's saving a life it still is early in the morning and I feel it.

I got home just in time to take Anthony to his appointment. Everything worked. It was one I had been dreading for a long time.

Even, to celebrate I took him to a pie shop for breakfast (I had been starving since three a.m.), I was stressing because he needed to 'go to school' online and was going to miss it. He wasn't yet home and on the computer!

But Spirit has everything in stride. And he was able to eat breakfast and zoom to school on his phone.

I noticed the breeze, the palm trees, the almost vacation-like atmosphere at the restaurant. I'd never eaten there. The coffee was so-so, the bacon overcooked, and the hash browns cool. They brought me Tabasco instead of Cholula for my eggs. But I tipped well anyway. The people were working hard and sweating. I was grateful not to have to cook.

Once home, Anthony went to 'school proper' and I took a long soak in my 'tub'. I mentally went through each and every bathtub I used to take baths in, from my first house and my Nana's house, and I realized I'd been at my old house a long time, fifteen years! Even though this was a 'faux tub', the water was hot like an Onsen, and I'd put in some oat moisturizer stuff from Aveeno, and I was glad. 

I tried my best to sleep. I rested.

Then Anthony told me he had friends coming over. To play the same board game they used to play in Daycare. Nice boys. I've been with both of them to China and Alaska. So I was a 'mom', and ordered them pizza and gave them sodas. We even had a pie from the breakfast place, we bought a whole Boysenberry one, and it was nice to share it.

I watered the garden and checked on my plants I'd planted on Saturday. Yes, I got bored a little of the Pokemon and actually squeezed in a trip to a Big Box store and also some gardening.

That sense of well-being helped me from Saturday, to endure Sunday, and to recover today. 

What about Ross? And that other person online?

My confidence is up in areas I needed it. Boundaries are healthy. I've dated lots of players before Anthony was born. This person who I was okay with being a friend--they didn't have my best interest at heart. It helps to be able to read energy signatures. I changed my FB settings to match his--all you can see are public things (not much). I haven't heard anything. For all I know, it's cat fishing or something not cool. And in my heart, I heard myself saying something I've never really said from a place of confidence, 'I think this isn't going to work out, and I wish you the best'.

I knew even if there had been a spark of attraction, and even if I had offered my heart in friendship, eventually, the guy would move on to his 'Forever Bride'. It's happened to me time and again, time and again, time and again, so much so I feel like I'm the good luck fairy for blessing marriages. 

I also am the 'blessing baby fertility spark'...people who have done incredibly nice things for me, somehow, end up getting pregnant as a couple. I've seen the pattern but I don't think other people do.

Ross and I are very, very happy and close. I'm leaning on him a little more these days. The work I do is challenging if you add to it the spiritual dimension.

I'll talk more about the Spiritual tomorrow.

It's only six thirty at night, but I need to get my rest. It's been a very long day. All patients were nice, all did well, my coworkers and surgeons were excellent, and I had a little bit more sleep than I would have had thanks to a friend. 


Ross nods and smiles and says good night. He waves too.


clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,

Namaste,

Peace,

Ross and Carla

The couple