Friday, June 12, 2020

Everyone Has Lessons





Everyone has their lessons.

By the way, as an aside, I no longer have the ability to make the photos large or small on this platform. Sorry it's so tiny.

C'est la vie.

What was mine? What was my lesson?

Not being able to have this.

No 'love and family' in a sense like my own family was growing up.

Having to work so hard to support myself and my son.

Learning the hard way that being pregnant in no way whatsoever means you are loved. It only means you are pregnant.

I'm fortunate to have become a mother, this was my fondest wish and longing of my heart. Instead of becoming a mom early in life, it was later in life. I've enjoyed it very much, no matter what the circumstances.

Do we have something close to this now? This picture?

Yes.

It was a super long wait.

Ross is with us, as a family, wherever we go. He's part of our lives. He's present. 

He's worth the wait.

I can't begin to tell you how many tears I've shed, and how many years I've been shedding them, in the process of mastering this lesson enough to get to where I am.  And I still haven't mastered it completely!

Lessons hurt. 

A huge part of learning and mastering the lesson is to accept the inevitability of it. You bend your knee to the will of Divine Creator. You give up on your dreams and goals in your heart, and say, 'okay God, if this is how it's going to be, well, then, I accept it on your terms.'

I did with the family who was so joyful over their newborn. I couldn't be a party pooper in my heart any more, just because I was barren and without child.  I shared their joy, at the miracle of new life. These parents were just the right vibration of educated and humble and happy to reach my heart, perhaps it was the right timing too...

Within a month after that I was pregnant.

For my mother, who was on kidney dialysis, waking up at the crack of dawn and driving through the fog on the deserted streets to the dialysis center for the first appointment of the day--her time--she used to cry. Both ways. At first dad would drive her and wait, but then he wanted her to be more independent. So she would cry both ways the whole distance.

One day, she said, 'God, if this is your will for me, I accept it. I am grateful for this life-saving machine to keep me alive.'  She truly meant it from her heart.

Two months later, she had a kidney transplant.

That was long time ago, and it's still working!

Remember how Spirit works.

Last night, I went to sleep in Ross' arms, I truly did. I'm not sure where I went last night, the time passed so quickly, but I'm sure being post-call had something to do with how deeply I slept.

We all have our lessons.

They are really painful.

This is what we all have in common.



And then there's this....Ross wants me to share it...I'm sorry if it's politically incorrect...but his point is, the one thing you and I have all in common is we hate our lessons!







Ross says for you to have a nice weekend! He added that song too.

xo and we love you!


clap! clap!

Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla
The couple



P.S. Hotep Jesus says that defunded police mean privatized police and who can't afford that now? Most of us...(twitter this week).  We strongly recommend you follow him when it comes to current events. You might know him from the free coffee from Starbucks in Atlanta at a mall from last year.... xoxoxoxo