Sunday, March 8, 2015

Gaia News Brief 8.3.2015






Happy Birthday Grandma Lucille

I'm not sure how old she would have been. She was the matriarch on my dad's side of the family. She is the one who picked me out to be the 'family historian' and showed me all the pictures and made sure I knew all the names to go with the faces.  French Canadian, born in New Hampshire, she worked in the mills since she was in the eighth grade--and had to drop out of school.

Her mother died of tuberculosis when she was four. She saw the undertaker move the hand really hard to put the body into whatever he used to carry her away in. She was so upset she yelled at the man for being so uncaring to her mom.

Without the mom and with so many children, the overwhelmed father and older sisters put my grandma into a convent for a while.

She absolutely hated everything about convent--she had been the baby of the family, the apple of everyone's eye...and in the convent...just another kid.  I'm not sure how long she was in there, but she talked about it her whole life.

Oddly enough, when times were hard, in her own family, my Aunt Jean was sent to convent for the same reasons...not sure how long she was in there too...

The most important thing is that Grandma Lucille taught us that family is the most important thing in the whole world...in life...

She was right.

Family IS forever.

And that means our Star Family too.

I love you Grandma!




Ross The Father

Anthony's basketball team lost yesterday. It was a close game.

Anthony went to the vending machine without any money. He just walked over there, as if drawn there...I didn't think anything of it. I didn't want to buy him anything. He had water I had brought.

He came back with a red Gatorade.

Ross had given it to him. It's not the first time he has done that for Anthony. He did it once at the Pearl Harbor Memorial for Anthony too. Last summer.

Ross told Anthony, 'You can't win them all'.

One the way home, I felt 'nudged' to take a shortcut. And in passing the sporting goods store, Ross told Anthony to tell me to go there.

I was like, 'WHY? Every time I go there it is expensive!'

As Ross told Anthony to say, 'I'm sorry', I got the feeling that Anthony needed an air mattress for the sleepover fundraiser last night, and Ross wanted him not to sleep on the floor like I had planned. I also know in my bones to LISTEN to Ross, without asking too much.

It was only twenty five dollars, and six for the battery operated inflating device.

Anthony goes away to camp this month. For a whole week. Last year he was very cold at night, and got sick. He has an indoors sleeping bag, for sleepovers. It has his name on it. And little penguins. But I sensed Ross wanted Anthony to have a new sleeping bag too, instead of sleeping in my old one.

Ross wants me to have a new sleeping bag too, but later.

(the old one was from my first marriage...is Ross a little bit jealous? LOL) He said I can keep the one my uncle gave me, the old army surplus one.

I remembered the inflatable pillow.

Everything together cost about one hundred fifty dollars.

Ross said he would pay for it.

When I came home after dropping Anthony off for the night, I got a PayPal notice--just enough to cover for the sleeping bag.

Ross is a good man.

And an excellent father.

I am moved to tears by his love for his family. I am so grateful. As a single mother, life is difficult.

Right now I have to go get ready for work. It's going to be a long day, and the driving to pick up my son and take him to a sitter is really going to add to the length of the day.

Thank you Ross.



Ross

I am going to skip my part so Carla can get to work.

I  hope you enjoy the new Divine Healing Codes format. I am helping her to design it for ease of flow to the eye.




Aloha and Mahalos,
Namaste,
Peace,

Ross and Carla